Strawberry desserts are so popular on Valentine’s day! This is one of Valentines desserts that is healthy, tasty and easy to make.
Surprise your loved ones with these elegant strawberry no bake desserts!
Subscribe and get our FREE eBook!
Join like-minded foodies to get new recipes and updates from us!
Healthy desserts for Valentines day
You need only 5 ingredients to make this dessert for two! Main ingredients are frozen strawberries to make red layer and Greek yogurt for the white layer. I’ve made this sugar free dessert, because I love natural aromatic taste of strawberries and natural taste of Greek yogurt. If you want to make it sweeter, you can add 1 tsp of caster sugar to the yogurt, when you add gelatin. Strawberries, yogurt and chocolate – tasty and healthy combination.
I used frozen strawberries this time of year, but you can blend fresh ones or substitute to raspberries or cherries.
If you are wondering what to prepare for entree, check our Yogurt Strawberry appetizer. We also have more strawberry recipes, such as Strawberry tiramisu, Rhubarb and strawberry mousse drink and Summer salad.
How to use Agar Agar instead of gelatin
Moreover, if you want to make this recipe with agar agar instead of gelatin, you can check our Coffee panna cotta or Orange panna cotta recipes. Heat agar with milk for about 5 minutes, then add to the Greek yogurt. To thicken strawberry layer, heat agar in water for 5 minutes, then add to blended strawberries. It is usually measured 1 tsp agar agar powder per cup (250 ml). I would recommend to add 0,5 tsp more to strawberries, as they may be quite acidic, which can influence thickening process.
Chocolate decoration ideas and making chocolate
You can get creative with chocolate patterns! Decorating pen is very useful for this job, but you can use piping bag too. If you want your chocolate to look more glossy and crunchy, you can temper it. I described tempering method in blog post about Black Pearl. But melting chocolate will be fine too.
I would recommend making few more chocolate decorations, so that you can choose the best one. Moreover, you will have something for the replacement, as they can be fragile. Anyways, be careful, when handling your creation! By the way, store chocolate away from humidity, fast temperature changes and warm surfaces.
You can prepare chocolate decoration ahead of time. Ideally it should be stored with temperature 65-68 F or 18-20 C degrees, with humidity 50-55 % humidity. This will prevent chocolate from changing color. But it’s more important to handle it carefully, so if you make it first time, don’t make lines too thin.
I didn’t use special pattern for these strawberry desserts. If you want to be more precise, you can draw with pencil different pattern that you like, then go over it with chocolate. First draw long rectangular. Then start filling it with lines, hearts, circles etc. It is important to have small gaps between the lines and that the lines connect with top and bottom line of your rectangular. After that draw some waves, connecting the top of rectangular – this will be the top of the basket.
If you have any questions about making this dessert, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will be happy to answer! If you make this recipe, share the picture with us.
Stay in touch for more delicious ideas every week!
Equipment that I used:
(Cooking Journey blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting our blog by shopping)
Food shaping molds. These are extremely needed for the chef in the kitchen! They will help to cut or prepare dessert for serving, to shape salads or pancakes.
Parchment paper. To make chocolate dessert you will need to have parchment paper that doesn’t curl.
7×11 inch pan. You will need this pan to cut layer the dessert and cut the round shapes from this rectangular tray.
Decorating pen. I have this pen from “Cuisipro” for making chocolate decorations for this strawberry desserts. It is easy to use and easy to clean. This one comes with 2 steel tips.
Decorating pen with plastic tips.
Cling wrap to remove strawberry and chocolate layers out of tray
Dark chocolate for melting:
Strawberry desserts are so popular on Valentine’s day! This is one of Valentines desserts that is healthy, tasty and easy to make. Surprise your loved ones with these elegant strawberry no bake desserts!
- 30 g dark chocolate /1.05 oz
- 200 g Greek yogurt /7.05 oz
- 200 ml milk /6.8 fl oz
- 250 g frozen strawberries /8.8 oz
- 2 fresh strawberries
- 25 g gelatin powder /0.9 oz
- 100 ml + 2 tbs water /0.4 fl oz
- Leave 15 g gelatin in 100 ml water in a small pot to bloom (about 10-15 min)
- Heat strawberries in a separate pan for 5 minutes, until starting defrosting. Or defrost at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Blend strawberries with liquid (from defrosting) until smooth.
- Heat gelatin with water until melted.
- Blend strawberry mixture with melted gelatin.
- Layer 7x 11 inch pan with cling film. Add strawberry mixture and leave in the fridge until set.
- Leave 10 g gelatin in 2 tbsp water to bloom (about 10-15 min).
- Heat 100 ml milk (don't boil) and mix it with gelatin until it dissolves.
- Mix Greek yogurt with 100 ml milk.
- Slowly add milk with gelatin in Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Pour yogurt mixture on strawberry layer (when it is already set) and leave in the fridge.
- Cut 2 rectangular pieces of parchment paper that you can wrap around food shaping mould.
- Melt chocolate on a double boiler.
- Fill decorating pen or piping bag with melted chocolate.
Draw long rectangular at first on a parchment paper. Fill it with hearts and lines, connecting top and bottom line. Draw the waves, connecting the top line of rectangular.
- Leave drawing for about 10 minutes until you can lift it.
- Wrap parchment paper without drawing around food shape mould.
- Carefully wrap paper with drawing as a second layer, drawing inside. Leave until set.
- Carefully remove paper from outside. Remove the mould. Unwrap the other side of parchment paper. You can glue the baskets with melted chocolate, if needed.
- Remove the layered dessert, lifting the cling film.
- Use food shape mould to cut the 2 rounds.
- Place them on a serving plate.
- Carefully place chocolate decoration.
- Decorate with strawberries.