This mozzarella strawberry pizza is perfect for brunch. Serve this as a snack between the savory dish and dessert.
Great vegetarian pizza to enjoy! It has a great sweet and sour combination of taste you need to try! One of easy strawberry recipes to make for a party.
Moreover, I share pizza dough recipe that you can make with your favorite topping!
How to make pizza crust
To make pizza crust I used half of the Blackberry Riccotta pizza crust recipe. One thing I added – dry basil. I mixed it into the dough to make it not only beautiful, but also give the crust more taste.
You can always experiment in such way and add the seasoning not only to the topping, but also to your pizza dough! Basil goes really well with mozzarella and strawberries.
With this recipe you will have one big pizza, approx. 11 inches/ 29 cm, depending on how thick you love your pizza crust!
Above all, there are only few ingredients you need for pizza crust: warm water, olive oil, flour, dry yeast and a little bit of basil.
Perfect recipe to make a pizza with your favorite topping!
Leave yeast with oil in warm water for about 5 minutes. Make a well in flour and slowly add wet ingredients, incorporating together. Make a dough and leave in floured bowl under clean cloth to rise. Then you are ready to roll the pizza!
Moreover, homemade pizza crust is always better than a store-bought.
You can store the pizza dough in a slightly floured bowl in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Wrap the bowl with a cling film to prevent the top from drying.
Moreover, you can easily double or triple the recipe! Make a ball from the dough for each pizza to have it easy to grab and bake.
I recommend brushing the sides of the pizza with a little bit of olive oil before baking, so they won’t be dry.
How to make strawberry pizza
For topping I used cheese, spinach and fresh strawberries. Mozzarella, and a little bit of hard cheese (such as Parmesan) are perfect for any pizza. Spinach has a light taste and looks great on the pizza. But the strawberries…. Strawberries actually take your basic mozzarella pizza to the next level!
Strawberries are not only good to go with chocolate.
The sweetness of strawberries, combined with salty cheese, melted milky and creamy mozzarella is so good! It is so good that I need to warn you that it is hard to stop eating this strawberry pizza.
So please your taste buds with this vegetarian strawberry pizza!
You need to make also our sweet version of strawberry pizza with shortbread crust – fresh strawberry tart. Great dessert to enjoy this summer!
Best mozzarella cheese for pizza
Mozzarella is one of the best cheeses for pizza! I don’t recommend using already shredded cheese pack, as it may be dry. If you can, buy Italian mozzarella ball in liquid. The liquid keeps mozzarella fresh and moist.
Well, in Italy, they know how to make the cheese!
I actually never had problems with mozzarella liquid on pizza. The cheese doesn’t soak in too much liquid. And when it melts, it covers the pizza and excess liquid evaporates in the hot oven. I shredded only 1 ball of mozzarella, but even if you add 3 more, it’s ok! More cheese is better!
If you love cheesy healthy snacks, check our Cauliflower breadsticks.
The only thing I would recommend, is to distribute the cheese around the pizza, leaving half of inch from the sides. It will be easier to grab the pizza and the cheese won’t run away on a baking sheet!
Mozzarella Strawberry pizza - Fresh Strawberry recipes
- pizza cutter or knife
- baking tray with parchment paper or pizza stone
- Rolling Pin
- 1 tsp dried basil ground
- 250 g flour all-purpose + extra for dusting
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 3,5 g dry yeast
- 1/4 tbs sugar
- 160 mL water lukewarm (110 F / 44 C)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 g spinach
- 15 g hard cheese
- 125 g mozzarella
- 100 g strawberries
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- In a bowl, sieve flour, mix with salt and basil. Make a well in the center.250 g flour, 1/8 tsp table salt, 1 tsp dried basil
- In separate bowl combine water with yeast, sugar and oil. Mix, leave aside for 5 min.3,5 g dry yeast, 1/4 tbs sugar, 160 mL water, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pour liquid into the well of the flour. Gently combine everything together, then with flour-dusted hands knead the smooth dough. Add more flour or water if needed.
- Form the ball from the pizza dough and place in bowl, dusted with flour. Put the clean towel on top and leave for 1 hour to rise.
- Preheat oven to 450 F / 230 C.
- Roll the dough on the floured surface with a floured rolling pin until about 11 inch / 29 cm.
- Shred mozzarella and distribute on pizza, leaving half an inch from the sides. Add shredded hard cheese too.125 g mozzarella, 15 g hard cheese
- Add spinach leaves on top of the cheese.12 g spinach
- Cut strawberries in half and add on top.100 g strawberries
- Brush the sides of pizza with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- When it’s hot, sprinkle with sea salt.1/8 tsp sea salt
- Let it cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve!
A great flavor combination, would not have thought to put those together but I will be trying it because it looks and sounds delicious.
That is truly delicious, you should try it, Kristi 🙂
I have never put fruit on my pizza and the idea of strawberries and spinach together sounds delicious. I must try this. Thanks!
Thank you, Ginny! Btw, you can use basil instead of spinach, too. Let me know how you like it.
oh wow! this looks gorgeous and such a creative recipe, I love strawberries and cheese together so pretty sure I’m going to love this recipe!
Thanks, Georgie! I’m sure you’ll love it!
Everything about this strawberry pizza looks delicious! From the crust to the delectable toppings! I can imagine how yummy it is with the strawberries!
Thank you, Elaine! It is absolutely delicious! 🙂
Yum! I would have never thought to add strawberries to Pizza. Can’t wait to try this!
This is a must try, you will love it!