Updated on April 22, 2018
This cauliflower bread is easy to make and it is great for serving with your soup or making a sandwich. It is a healthy snack, moist and tasty. Perfect low-carb recipe.
So it would be perfect for your lunch box as a snack. Add some greens and you are ready to go!
Vegetables in your bread
By the way, did you notice the trend of adding vegetables to your bread? To my mind, it’s great idea. So as cauliflower became more popular, I decided to make cauliflower bread.
No fancy equipment
To make this recipe, you need no fancy equipment, just knife, whisk and oven! You can use food processor to chop cauliflower faster, but I loved how the cauliflower was chopped in different size, which make it beautiful, when you cut the bread.
Ingredients in cauliflower bread
If you are not fond of earthy and a little bit bitter turmeric flavor, just add a pinch of it for the color and light taste. Indeed, you don’t need many ingredients to make this recipe. It is made with cauliflower, turmeric, eggs and flour.
I used high quality all-purpose flour, but you can use spelt flour instead.
As a final point, if you love cauliflower and turmeric, this cauliflower bread recipe works for you! You can make sandwiches with cheese, greens or have some healthy smear on top of cauliflower bread. Or eat it just like this!
To my taste, this cauliflower flatbread is more like a snack than a regular dry bread – it is moist, but soft and preferably stored in a fridge for 5 days, not more.
Cauliflower flatbread - Cauliflower Bread Recipe
- food processor or chopping board and a knife
- large baking tray
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or substitute to gluten-free flour 1:1
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Prepare your cauliflower. Chop it by hand or with food processor.2 cups cauliflower
- In a bowl whisk 4 eggs. Add chopped cauliflower and mix together until combined.4 eggs
- Add turmeric, flour, salt and mix again.1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 pinch sea salt
- Transfer the mixture into the greased baking tray so that it is about 1/2-1 cm thick.
- Bake in the middle of the 350 F / 180 C hot oven for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool, slice and serve.