Updated on September 27, 2018
Celebrating winter time with nature views and chocolate pudding cake, which is perfect for cold winter time. It is moist, chocolaty with juicy peach halves inside. Chocolate desserts will always have a special place in our hearts. Grab this easy chocolate cake recipe and enjoy with your family! Moreover, your kitchen will smell like chocolate!
When you think about desserts, what is the first ingredient that comes to your mind? Well, for me it is definitely chocolate! What is yours? I would like to know, leave a comment below!
Chocolate & fruits
Who doesn’t love chocolate? This is perfect chocolate cake recipe for a true chocolate-lover. And it can be paired with any fruits or berries that are in season and not only in winter!
I’ve made this chocolate pudding cake with canned peaches that are available all year round. But chocolate dessert like this, will be perfect with strawberries, raspberries, cherries, plums, pears, blueberries etc. You can omit the berries and serve chocolate cake with your favorite jam on the side.
Moreover, I recommend using good quality 33% chocolate powder for this pudding cake. I use sweetened cocoa powder for such chocolate desserts. I will leave the link below, if you are interested in the brand that I love.
Baking chocolate pudding cake
This recipe makes one 7 x 10 inch / 18 x 25 cm baking dish. Of course you can make it in spring form pan too! If you have a little bit bigger or smaller pan, don’t worry, you can use any baking dish you have. However, keep in mind that your chocolate cake will be thinner if you use a bigger pan.
By the way, if you don’t plan to serve this chocolate cake in the baking dish, better layer it with parchment paper. However, my pudding cake didn’t stick to the ceramic pan, because I greased it generously with butter.
What’s great, the baking time is optional! Yes, that’s true, you read correctly! The less time it will be in the oven – the more soft pudding cake you have. If you bake it longer (but be careful, don’t burn it please) – it will be more firm like chocolate cake that we made.
Just regulate the baking time, you can check if your chocolate pudding cake is ready with wooden skewer.
Few words about Skyr
Additionally, you can serve this chocolate pudding cake with Greek yogurt, Skyr or ice cream.
Skyr is sour and thick yogurt, great to accompany sweet desserts. And it is healthy and full of protein (11 g of protein per 100g). If you can’t find skyr in your local store, don’t worry, this chocolate pudding cake will be perfect with ice cream, whipped cream or even Mascarpone.
I am sure you will enjoy this easy chocolate cake recipe!
Chocolate pudding cake - Easy chocolate cake recipe
- medium pan
- baking pan, rectangulas or round shape 7 x 10 inch / 18 x25 cm
- 4 eggs
- 150 g butter + extra for greasing the pan
- 160 g confectioner’s sugar
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 40 g cocoa powder (at least 30% cocoa)
- 6 peach halves from can or other fruits and berries
- 8 squares dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 340 F / 170 C.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs.4 eggs
- In a sauce pan on the low heat melt butter.150 g butter
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in sugar.160 g confectioner’s sugar
- Gradually add the egg mixture into the pan with butter and sugar, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa until well combined.60 g all-purpose flour, 40 g cocoa powder (at least 30% cocoa)
- Transfer the mixture into the greased baking tray.
- Sink in peach halves and chocolate squares.6 peach halves from can, 8 squares dark chocolate
- Bake about 40 minutes until cooked - check with skewer.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve hot with yogurt or ice cream.1 tsp coconut flakes