Last Updated on June 22, 2018
This chocolate blueberry cake is creamy, and full of chocolate flavor. It consists of two layers – one is indulgent chocolate sponge, and on top – creamy blueberry layer with mascarpone cheese and Greek yogurt. One of those easy blueberry recipes to try!
Both layers taste great together!
Decoration of chocolate blueberry cake
To make decoration for this cake, firstly, I added blueberries – as one of main ingredients for this cake. Secondly, I coarsely grated some chocolate and layered it around the blueberries. And finally, to make it more beautiful, I garnished the cake with melissa leaves (lemon balm) and fresh violet flowers from my kitchen garden.
Chocolate sponge or chocolate cake layer
This chocolate sponge is my favorite! It is perfect for any chocolate lover. Actually, you can use this recipe to make chocolate cake with any creamy topping. The key to get the best chocolate sponge, is to use high cocoa percentage, high quality dark chocolate. This sponge is quite dense, indulgent and gets ready in the oven pretty fast. So keep an eye on it, if you don’t want to burn your favorite chocolate!
Mascarpone blueberry cream
Mascarpone cream becomes lighter, when you add yogurt. Moreover, combined with sweet blueberries, it is a perfect pair to the chocolate sponge! I smashed blueberries and sieved them into the cake for the smooth texture. By the way, you can use any berries at your choice, such as strawberries, blackberries or cherries. Moreover, you can leave berries out and make black & white cake, maybe add some vanilla flavor. However, to my mind, berries add some freshness to thick mascarpone cream. I added just a little of icing sugar to the cream, as it already had natural sweetness of blueberries, so add sugar to your taste!
This chocolate blueberry cake with mascarpone will look great on your table at any celebration or gathering. Moreover, your guests will be surprised by it pleasant taste too!
Do you like blueberry recipes as much as we do? Then check also our Blueberry Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce (Easy Blueberry Cheesecake)
Easy Chocolate Blueberry Cake (Easy Blueberry Recipes)
- 250gMascarpone/9 oz
- 60gsour cream (25 % fat or more)/2 oz
- 100gGreek yogurt/3.5 oz
- 300gblueberries/10.5 oz
- 1-2tbspicing sugar
- 200gdark chocolate 70 %/7 oz
- 200gsour cream/7 oz
- 100gmelted butter/3.5 oz
- 100gbrown sugar/3.5 oz
- 2tbspgrated chocolate
- 7violet flowers(optional)
- 12leavesmelissa (lemon balm)or mint
- Make chocolate layer. Beat eggs with sugar.
- On a double boiler melt chocolate, then add butter and sour cream.
- Combine eggs with chocolate mixture, gradually add flour.
- Bake in a 20cm / 8 inch spring form pan 160 C / 320 F for 30-40 min until inserted skewer comes out clean. Let it cool.
- Make blueberry cream layer. Mix Mascarpone cream with icing sugar.
- Using sieve, smash blueberries. Add sieved blueberry sauce to cream.
- Gradually add sour cream and yogurt.
- Mix everything until smooth thick cream.
- Add cream on the cool chocolate cake layer (in the same spring form pan). Place in the fridge overnight.
- Decorate with blueberries, flowers, chocolate and melissa or mint. Serve.