Last Updated on January 16, 2019
To my mind, Valentine desserts should be as easy as possible, but delicious and indulgent. This trifle dessert for two has it all! Trifle is one of the layered desserts that looks beautiful with 3 different mascarpone cream types made easy.
Our version of Valentines dessert for two is made with cherries, chocolate, chai spices and lady fingers. If you love no bake recipes, you should definitely try this trifle recipe!
Mascarpone dessert – trifle in glass
Preparing Valentine day recipes, I actually decided to have rich mascarpone cream, combined with sour cherries, soft savoiardi and chai spices for dessert. I love the idea of no bake layered desserts, served in glasses. Whats great, you can prepare this as one of your planned Valentine treats the day before. This mascarpone dessert should be served chilled, right from the fridge.
Moreover, you don’t need to wait when the layers will set, as this trifle dessert is ready in just 10 minutes. You will need to take your time to place all the layers carefully in glasses. You can use piping bag for mousse and cooking pincers for cherries. However, if you are using a tea spoon to layer the dessert, be sure to clean the insides of the glass after each layer. Your Valentines desserts should look stunning, no matter what equipment you use!
Why to choose easy Valentines desserts
Anyway, if you choose easy Valentines desserts, such as this, you will have plenty of time to prepare the dinner or plan the date night! By the way, you may also consider our sexy poached pear for dessert, as it doesn’t require baking and is easy to make too.
I used chocolate chai spice mix for this recipe, but you can easily substitute it to sweetened chocolate powder and cinnamon.
Hope you enjoy the recipe! If you like desserts in glasses you can check also our Orange Panna Cotta, Chia mango pudding and Coffee panna cotta. If you want to prepare No Bake cake, you can use our recipes for Strawberry tiramisu or No Bake White chocolate mousse cake, which are great mascarpone desserts to make!
We also have 2 beautiful, healthy and easy strawberry desserts for Valentines day or any other special occasion! Check our layered strawberry dessert in glass or strawberry desserts with beautiful chocolate decoration.
Valentines day - Easy desserts - Trifle recipe
- 3savoiardi (lady fingers)
- 1handful cherriesdefrosted
- 1handful chocolate chipsfor melting
- 300gmascarpone/11 oz / 2 cups
- 300gheavy cream/11 oz / 2 cups
- 2tspconfectioners sugar
- 2tbspsweetened chocolate chai latte with spices(see notes)
- Whip heavy cream with sugar. Add lemon juice.
- Gently fold mascarpone cream into whipped cream. Divide the cream into 3 bowls: leave approx. 1/2 aside. The other half divide to 1 small bowl (approx. 6 tbsp) and 1 bigger.
- Add 4 tbsp of defrosted cherries and 4 tbsp of cherry juice (from defrosting) to the smallest bowl. Combine together.
- For the chocolate layer add 2 tbsp chocolate chai into the second bowl with cream, combine together.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler. Dip 2 lady finger cookies into the chocolate and then them cool aside.
- Prepare 2 glasses. Cut 1 savoiardu into smaller pieces and divide in two glasses.
- Next, add half of the white cream, that you left aside.
- Next place cherries an cover with cherry mousse.
- Next, chocolate - brown layer.
- Next, white layer, use the icing tip to decorate the top of the glasses.
- Insert ladyfinger with chocolate on top. Chill and serve.
* This recipe is for two 400 ml / 13.5 fl oz glasses. So you can easily use 200 ml / 6.8 fl oz glasses and distribute the amount of cream to four servings (637 calories per serving).