Updated on November 12, 2018
We have 3 words to make you happy – strawberries, chocolate and cookies! Make this easy chocolate mousse cake for your next celebration.
This chocolate mousse cake is a great no bake dessert with creamy texture, Mascarpone, vanilla and white chocolate flavor, with fresh strawberries.
I love no bake desserts, because they don’t need oven, no flour, they are always moist, creamy and fresh, which makes them perfect cold desserts for summer time!
Check also our other no bake recipes such as Coffee panna cotta, Greek Yogurt desserts and Baileys cheesecake.
I used vanilla Oreo type cookies for the base, they add great vanilla flavor. Try not to eat all the cookies before making this chocolate mousse cake!
White mousse consists of Mascarpone cheese, Greek yogurt and white chocolate powder. Using good quality white chocolate powder will save your time of melting regular chocolate, and it will taste incredible!
Decorating chocolate mousse cake
This no bake cake is easy, creamy, delicious and while it is chilling in your fridge, you can play with decoration. I decorated it with strawberries, cookies and chocolate forms. You can temper the chocolate for better effect (check how to do it in this post about Giant Black Pearl dessert).
But I just melted some on the water bath, poured it on the tray, waited till it firmed (you can put it in the fridge). Then, using warm and sharp knife, just cut it into shapes you like – triangles, squares and others. Be careful not to leave your fingerprints on the chocolate and it may melt in your hands. Better use food gloves or food plating tongs.
Hope you will make and enjoy this easy no bake white chocolate mousse cake some day! Subscribe to get our Free E-book to discover our best desserts (plus one unpublished).
No Bake White Chocolate Mousse Cake
- food processor
- 2 bowls for mixing
- spring form pan
- 400 g cookies vanilla oreo type
- 100 g butter melted
- 500 g Mascarpone cheese
- 800 g Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp white chocolate powder + extra for topping
- 1 tbsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 50 g gelatin
- 5-6 strawberries for decoration
- 2-3 cookies for decoration
- 5 chocolate forms for decoration
- Mix gelatin with ½-1 cup water and leave it to bloom.50 g gelatin
- Process Oreo type cookies until fine crumbs, add melted butter and combine together.400 g cookies, 100 g butter
- Press crumbs into prepared spring-form pan. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Make the mousse. In a bowl combine Mascarpone, Greek yogurt and white chocolate powder. Add vanilla flavor and icing sugar, combine again.500 g Mascarpone cheese, 800 g Greek yogurt, 6 tbsp white chocolate powder, 1 tbsp vanilla flavoring, 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Melt the gelatin (microwave in 10 sec increments) and gradually add it to the mousse.
- Pour the mousse on the base and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with white chocolate powder, decorate with strawberries, chocolate forms and cookies.5-6 strawberries, 5 chocolate forms, 2-3 cookies
Can I use regular sugar & not icing sugar? I can’t find it in store 🥺
Hi Veronica! If you can’t find icing or powdered sugar, you can use small powerful blender like coffee or spice grinder to make powder from regular sugar. Also I think it is better to use a little bit of sweet syrup or honey instead of regular sugar to get a smoother texture. Let us know how it turns out 🙂