Delicious rhubarb and strawberry mousse drink, served in glasses, is a refreshing summer dessert! Moreover, this is perfect cocktail for your party. So the mousse can be served to your guests a fresh non-alcoholic aperitif. This is one of rhubarb recipes that you will be excited about!
Believe me, this lovely rhubarb and strawberry creamy drink is a good way to start your day! Or any party?
Serving and decoration
To my mind, this strawberry mousse is best served in martini or cocktail glasses. What’s more, it has such an appealing rose color, so everyone will want to grab the glass!
Also, you can decorate the mousse with chocolate, strawberries or mint.
Flavor of the strawberry mousse
It has sweetness from strawberries, and rhubarb adds a lovely acidic taste to this creamy drink. To tell the truth, this is perfect combination of rhubarb and strawberries with yogurt base, like a sweet song. It has creamy texture with sweet and zesty notes.
Actually, you can add sugar to your taste or sweeten it with Stevia instead.
Why you need Agar-Agar
Strawberries and rhubarb have a lot of juice, and Greek yogurt doesn’t deliver enough thickness to this drink. So we used agar-agar to help it firm up a little.
You need to cook it for few minutes with added Agar-Agar to get it work, but it still will be drinkable without agar-agar (maybe more runny). Agar-Agar doesn’t add any flavor at all.
By the way, this beautiful fruity drink with agar-agar and Greek yogurt is healthy and good for your stomach too. So it can be served any time of the day.
You can also use soy yogurt instead of Greek yogurt to make this recipe vegan-friendly.
Rhubarb and strawberry mousse drink - Rhubarb recipes
- 400 g rhubarb, frozen or fresh /14 oz
- 400 g strawberries, frozen or fresh /14 oz
- 110 g g sugar /4 oz
- 30 g Agar-Agar powder /1.05 oz
- 800 g Greek yogurt /28 oz
- 170 g heavy cream / 6 oz
- 4 tsp dark chocolate for decoration
- Chop or blend frozen rhubarb with sugar. Then cook it over low heat for 5 minutes until juicy. (If you use fresh rhubarb, cook it a little longer.) And leave it to cool.
- Then put frozen or fresh strawberries in a blender. Using a sieve, squeeze all the liquid from cooked rhubarb.
- Blend strawberries together with rhubarb juice until smooth.
- Add Greek yogurt to the smoothie. And pulse until combined.
- Place the mousse in the bowl. You can drink it like this, but better make it thicker. Place heavy cream and agar-agar in a separate bowl and stir well. Whisk agar-agar in the mousse.
- Heat the mousse few minutes on a double boiler for a better texture
- Then chill the mousse and serve in glasses. Decorate with chocolate shards.