Updated on April 15, 2018
This is our version of Earl Grey tea infused cookies. One of easy cookie recipes to make and enjoy with your morning tea.
They are perfect to take away or have a happy tea time with your family or friends!
Here is video recipe:
I used Earl Grey Strong tea with blue cornflowers to infuse these cookies, because it is my favorite for now and it looks beautiful in cookies. So you can add Your favorite black tea. For example, Spicy Chai tea will be great in this recipe, too!
As you noticed, we don’t like to use much sugar in my recipes, but if you are person, who adds sugar to your tea, you will likely add more sugar to this recipe. But trust us, you don’t need much sugar!
Any shape you like
Make these Earl Grey infused cookies any shape you like! I made Earl Grey cookies in classic round shape – classic tea, classic cookies. But you can use any cookie cutter, and if you don’t have one – cut them with a glass.
Store the cookies in a closed container and they will last for a month. But for us, cooking journeyers, they didn’t last even two hours!
You can refrigerate this Earl Grey cookie dough for a couple days before baking. This recipe makes 12 cookies that disappear very fast! So maybe make a little more?… Especially if you have kids, they will probably eat all the cookies before you switch on your kettle!
Have a great tea time!
Earl Grey Tea Infused Cookies - Easy cookie recipe
- plastic bag with zip-lock
- Rolling Pin
- flour sifter or sieve
- bowl and a spoon
- round cookie cutter or glass
- 175 g plain flour + extra
- 40 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp Earl Grey tea
- 100 g butter melted
- 1 egg yolk medium
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C.
- Put tea in a plastic zip-lock bag and roll it with rolling pin.2 tsp Earl Grey tea
- Sift flour with icing sugar in a bowl. Add crushed tea and combine together dry ingredients.175 g plain flour, 40 g icing sugar
- Melt the butter and add it to the flour. Add egg yolk and form the dough.100 g butter, 1 egg yolk
- Shape the dough into disc, wrap and chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Flour work surface, roll out the dough to about 5 mm/ 0.2 inch thick, cut round shapes.
- Bake cookies 10 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
You can refrigerate this Earl Grey cookie dough for a couple days before baking. Store the cookies in a closed container and they will last for a month.