Last Updated on January 16, 2019
Baileys cheesecake is a creamy and rich dessert you need to treat yourself with! This is one of easy Irish desserts that you can make for St Patrick‘s day. Chocolate and Irish cream recipe that will not leave you unsatisfied! What’s great, this is no bake cheesecake, so don’t worry about your baking skills.
Baileys cheesecake has a lovely creamy filling with alcoholic hint and chocolate biscuit base. It‘s such an easy dessert that require no baking. Prepare it as one of St Patrick‘s day desserts. You can decorate it shamrocks!
What I love about this cheesecake recipe, is that is was full of chocolate flavor combine with Irish cream. It‘s a perfect cold desserts enjoyed with a cup of black tea (or better – coffee) or another glass of Irish cream. Well, if it’s not enough Irish cream in dessert, haha!
Don’t worry, this dessert will not get you dizzy, as there is just a small amount of Irish cream to make a flavor of the cheesecake stand out!
If you never tasted Irish cream, you are missing out, as this is really delicious liquor. It‘s great for enjoying in lazy evening, but especially – with coffee. However if you have this Irish liquor and you love desserts, this Irish cream recipe is a perfect combo!
No bake cheesecake is great for sharing with your friends. No matter they are Irish or no, everyone will like this Baileys cheesecake. Great to enjoy this as St Patrick‘s day cake, too!
How to make Baileys cheesecake
To sum up, you will need to crush some chocolate cookies and combine the crumbs with melted butter to make a base of the cheesecake. Then to make a filling, combine whipped cream and cheese with a generous shot of Irish cream and melted gelatin. Let the cake stand in the fridge, decorate with chocolate and cookie crumbs and enjoy!
Prepare this no bake cheesecake 1 day ahead, as it is better sets in the fridge overnight.
Of course you can double the recipe, so you will get a higher baileys cheesecake. However, as I made it as a late evening desserts, I prefer less calories, but it’s up to you!
Decorating Baileys cheesecake
It’s up to you how you decorated! I prefer chocolate and biscuit crumbs.
To make chocolate swirls at home, melt dark chocolate on double boiler and spread it on the sheet, layered with parchment paper. Let it set in the fridge few minutes.
Then using a peeler or a knife, place under 45 angle, cut the top of the chocolate to make swirls. Leave the decoration in the fridge until you need it.
You can also just grate some chocolate on top or sprinkle with good quality cocoa powder.
By the way, to make the biscuit base and decoration, you can use a mortar and pestle or fine grater instead of food chopper or processor. You can also put the biscuits in zip-lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Do you like this recipe? Leave a comment below, we would like to know! If you make this recipe, share the picture with us, tag us on Instagram @cookingjourneyblog or Google Plus +CookingJourney – we would love to see your creations!
Baileys cheesecake – Irish recipes – No bake cheesecake
For the base:
- 150gchocolate biscuits/5.3 oz
- 50gmelted butter/1.8 oz
Irish cream layer:
- 400gcream cheese/14 oz
- 250mldouble cream, cold/1 cup / 8.45 fl oz
- 2tbsppowdered sugar
- 1shot of Baileys Irish cream/50 ml / 1.7 fl oz
- 10ggelatin/0.35 oz
- 1chocolate biscuitcrumbed
- 1-2tbspchocolate swirls or spirals
- Finely crush biscuits, using food processor. Add melted butter and process until combined.
- Put the crumbs in the spring form pan and press with a back of the spoon. Leave it in the fridge.
- Pour milk over gelatin and let it bloom.
- Pour cream cheese and double cream in 2 separate bowls.
- Whip double cream with sugar until soft peaks.
- Melt gelatin with milk in the microwave oven for 10-20 seconds or on the stove for less than a minute.
- Whip cream cheese until it becomes fluffier. Pour in generous shot of Irish cream, melted gelatin and whip until combined.
- Fold in double cream with a spatula.
- Pour the Irish cream layer on the biscuit base and smooth the top with off-set spatula, spoon or cake server.
- Leave Baileys cheesecake to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or better overnight.
- Decorate with chocolate and biscuit crumbs.
- Run the knife around the edges of the spring form pan. Remove the sides of the pan and serve!