Last Updated on September 27, 2018
Our flourless carrot cake turned out delicious, moist and easy Easter bread to make. If you are looking for healthier Easter carrot cakes, check this recipe. It can be an easy bread for every day, too.
I don’t like cakes that are overloaded with sugar and are dry, that makes you drink a lot of tea with it. It’s good even for every day, if you need something sweet, but more healthy than a regular carrot cake.
This moist carrot bread is great healthy bread recipe for Easter celebration.
What’s more, carrot cake is really delicious every day treat!
Here is video recipe:
Semolina is often used in pasta dishes, because it helps to hold its shape in water. It is made from durum and has a high protein content. Semolina also makes a wonderful bread, it absorbs all the juices from carrots and maintains its shape. Moreover, semolina doesn’t add special taste to the cake. So definitely try this carrot semolina bread.
Carrot cake with real carrots!
But the main ingredient is Carrot! It is a big trend to add some vegetables, for example, carrots (dried carrot powder, I believe) in bread, so it looks more healthy and appealing to the customer.
However, the bread can consist of a lot more carrots, so it will be proud to be carrot bread! Carrots are sweet, the white chocolate ganache is sweet too, so it is more carrot loaf cake than a bread. A sweet carrot bread or carrot cake, call it as you wish.
Don’t be afraid to use so many carrots in this Easter bread. Carrots are great for Easter desserts, they are naturally sweet and make this cake super moist and beautiful in color.
So as it is made from carrots, it tastes as a pleasantly sweet carrot bread, more like carrots. Carrots, beetroot, sweet potatoes, pumpkin – these vegetables to are good not only in savory dishes, but also in desserts! No need to leave carrots aside – let’s make a healthy and tasty desserts.
If you need something sweet, but more healthy than a regular cake, give this carrot cake recipe a try.
Carrot Cake Loaf Without Flour
- 700graw carrots25 oz
- 125gsemolina (fine)4,4 oz
- 1tbspsour cream
- 60gsugar2 oz
- 10gvanilla sugar0,35 oz
- ¼tspginger powder
- ¼tspcinnamon powder
- 1tspbaking powder
- 90gwhite chocolate ganache3 oz
- 1tbspalmond slicesfor decoration
- 9lemon balm leavesfor decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Peel the carrots, finely chop them them in food processor.
- Mix eggs with sugar for about 3-5 minutes until it doubled and pale. Gently fold carrots into the egg mixture.
- Combine semolina with ginger, cinnamon and baking powder. Add it to the carrot mix. Add sour cream and zest half of the lemon.
- Prepare a cake loaf pan. Pour the dough in a baking pan and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Then raise the heat to 390 F / 200 C and cook for 20 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Let it cool.
- Pour melted chocolate ganache on the cake. Sprinkle with almonds and lemon zest. Decorate with melissa.