Updated on April 15, 2018
Avocado cake is tasty and healthy dessert, inspiring vegan cake recipe to make!
Avocado and banana is a great combination of ingredients for this raw avocado cake. What I love about this vegan dessert, it’s no bake cake, easy to make, gluten free. Moreover, it has healthy ingredients, that come together in one delicious and beautiful cake!
This no bake frozen cake idea is great option for every day or any festive occasion. To my mind, it can be served not only in summer, but also it will perfectly decorate your Christmas table! This avocado cake is one of the best vegan desserts too. By the way this avocado cake is perfect for breakfast, it will fill you and give you some energy!
The crust for the avocado cake
The crust for this raw cake is made with walnuts, cocoa powder and dark syrup and dried berries to glue it together. You can use nut mix or other nuts such as pecans, peanuts, cashew will be great too. As for the dried berries, I used cranberries and plums. To my mind, you can replace it with dried apricots, mango or raisins too. Just check that you have sticky combination in the end to press in the pan. For more no bake crust ideas, you can check our Chocolate and Blueberry cake or No bake White chocolate mousse cake.
The filling for this vegan cake
The main ingredient for this vegan cake is of course avocado. Moreover, I added 1 banana to make it more sweet, avocado and banana go perfectly together. Also I added few tablespoons of golden syrup, because it’s a cake, not just frozen vegetables! You can sweeten it with honey instead of syrup too. And coconut milk gives to this vegan cake pleasant creamy texture. You can also use almond or any other milk that you prefer.
Moreover to make the filling for this vegan cake I used few drops of green coloring, which is totally optional. It gave such a vibrant green color. However, if you are ok with natural creamy lime green color, don’t use the coloring! Or add it slowly, until desired color is reached.
Decorating avocado cake
To my mind, decoration should be in contrast with the filling. It needs brown and red color, so I layered halved walnuts in the center, then I added dried fruits and shredded chocolate. Also loose fruit tea makes great decoration! I have the one that has apples, hibiscus, pieces of papaya, pineapple, rose hip. So I decorated the cake with a spoon of tea too.
By the way, you need to freeze the avocado cake for at least 2 hours before decorating. Let it stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving. Moreover, I recommend to put the knife in the hot water before slicing this raw cake.
Hope you like this vegan cake recipe and if you make it, share the picture with us!
Let’s stay in touch and check our other awesome recipes.
Avocado cake – Avocado recipes – Vegan cake
- 5 small avocado
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk /120 ml /4.2 fl oz
- 2 tbsp golden syrup or maple syrup
- 6 drops green coloring (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts /100 g /3.5 oz
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dark syrup or maple syrup
- 2/3 cup dry cranberries /100 g /3.5 oz
- 2/3 cup dry plums /100 g /3.5 oz
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds /50g / 1.8 oz
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried cranberries
- 6 walnut halves
- 1 tsp tropical fruit tea
- 1 tsp dark chocolate grated
- Process all ingredients for the crust until sticky dough. Transfer it to prepared spring form pan. Press it to the bottom and leave in the fridge.
- Remove the pit and skin from avocados, remove the skin from banana.
- Put avocados, banana, syrup and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and thick. Add coloring, if needed.
- Pour avocado and banana mixture on the crust and let it set in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with walnuts, dried berries, tea and chocolate. Serve.