Updated on April 1, 2018
We have so much to do before Christmas, so these easy homemade truffles 3 ways will save your time, preparing your festive table or edible Christmas gifts!
You will need only few ingredients, no baking and only 10 minutes to make these Christmas desserts! Moreover, you can see the photos, where you can choose from different serving ideas.
First truffles are made with marzipan, coated with chocolate and with dried cranberries in the middle. Marzipan chocolates are vegan snack that are impossible to resist! This chocolate candy is perfect Christmas dessert, made easy, no baking needed. Moreover, you will need only 3 ingredients to make marzipan candy!
What is marzipan
There is almond paste and marzipan, both are used in cooking, both are made from almonds, sugar and water. However almond paste is a little more bitter and coarser than marzipan, preferable used in baking. Marzipan is used for making candies and it has white color. However I used leftover almond paste with this recipe and loved its sweet and tart taste.
Soft cake pops or biscuit truffles
For the second Christmas candy idea I used soft biscuits, yogurt and dried plums. These 3 ingredients are blended together and covered with chocolate. While the chocolate is not set, sprinkle it with colorful sugar!
Walnut and dry fruit truffles
These vegan treats are made with walnuts and dried fruits, covered with chocolate and sprinkled with crushed nuts. I would rather call these truffles healthy snickers. By the way, you can use any other nuts that you have!
So you can rather make all these Christmas chocolate truffles or choose the one you like. Which one do you like the most?
Moreover, you can make all these different – all the guests will get surprise inside! Oh, and this easy recipe is great for making edible Christmas gifts!
Chocolate Truffles 3 Ways
- double boiler (a pot with boiling water with a heat-proof bowl on top)
- Baking paper
- food processor
- 200 g Marzipan or almond paste
- 3-4 tbsp dried cranberries
- 70 g soft biscuits
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt
- 1 tsp dried cranberries
- 1 tsp colorful sugar (optional)
- 1 handful walnuts + more crushed walnuts for garnishing
- 1 handful dried fruits (I used plums)
- 200 g dark chocolate for melting
- Melt the chocolate on the double boiler.200 g dark chocolate
- Cut the marzipan in smaller pieces.200 g Marzipan or almond paste
- Place 1-2 cranberries inside and cover them, making a ball from each marzipan piece.3-4 tbsp dried cranberries
- Use a tooth pick or a spoon, cover all truffles one by one with melted chocolate.
- Place on clean baking paper and let it set.
- Process everything until smooth.70 g soft biscuits, 2 tbsp thick yogurt, 1 tsp dried cranberries
- Cover in chocolate, sprinkle with colorful sugar.1 tsp colorful sugar
- Let it set on a baking paper.
- Put everything in food processor, pulse until smooth.1 handful walnuts, 1 handful dried fruits
- Roll a ball from the mixture and cover it in melted chocolate.
- Cover each ball in melted chocolate.
- Put on the baking paper and sprinkle with crushed walnuts on top. Let it set.