Updated on September 14, 2018
This sweet potato soup with carrots and lentils is nutritious, warming, and filling.
And the color is so bright and lovely!
Health benefits of sweet potato soup
This sweet potato soup is good for your immune and nerve system, as it’s a great source of iron and magnesium. It also has a lot of vitamin A that is great for your skin and eyes. And a lot more other vitamins – D, C, B6 and so on!
Here is video recipe:
What else can push you to make this recipe next? It is so easy to prepare! Just cook the vegetables, add the spices to your taste and blend everything to make it smooth and creamy. For serving, I recommend adding fresh or dried greens and spices.
Sweet Potato soup
- 3 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes big
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 liter water or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp salt to your taste
- 2 tbsp pepper to your taste
- 3 bay leaves
- Peel carrots and potatoes. Cut them into smaller slices.
- In a pot, heat some olive oil, place there potato and carrot slices and saute for a few minutes. Add lentils and water.
- Bring it to the boil, cook for about 25 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Let the soup cool a little, and blitz it in a blender until smooth.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with some thyme and chili flakes.