Updated on September 14, 2018
This sweet potato soup with carrots and lentils is nutritious, warming, and filling.
And the color is so bright and lovely!
Health benefits of sweet potato soup
This sweet potato soup is good for your immune and nerve system, as it’s a great source of iron and magnesium. It also has a lot of vitamin A that is great for your skin and eyes. And a lot more other vitamins – D, C, B6 and so on!
What else can push you to make this recipe next? It is so easy to prepare! Just cook the vegetables, add the spices to your taste and blend everything to make it smooth and creamy. For serving, I recommend adding fresh or dried greens and spices.
Sweet Potato soup
- large pot
- knife and chopping board
- 3 carrots medium or small
- 2 sweet potatoes big
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 liter water or vegetable stock (about 4-5 cups)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt or to your taste
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper or to your taste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional - for serving)
- 2 tsp dry thyme (optional - for serving)
- Peel carrots and potatoes. Cut vegetables into slices.3 carrots, 2 sweet potatoes
- In a large pot, heat olive oil, place there potato and carrot slices. Saute, stirring for a few minutes.3 tbsp olive oil
- Add lentils and water to the pot.1 cup red lentils, 1 liter water
- Bring it to the boil, add bay leaves, salt and pepper.1 tbsp salt, 3 bay leaves, 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- Simmer for about 25 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Let the soup cool a little, and blitz it in a blender until smooth.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with some thyme and chili flakes.2 tsp dry thyme, 1 tsp chili flakes