Updated on March 27, 2018
Cauliflower soup is smooth, silky, and absolutely tasty! This cauliflower soup recipe is healthy, gluten-free and vegan-friendly. So if you are looking into healthy cauliflower soup or mushroom soup combined together, they will deliver flavorful, creamy dish to serve for your family.
What’s great, this vegetable soup recipe is not only tasty, but also healthy.
Flavor of roasted cauliflower soup
The reason veggies are roasted before throwing them into water, is to get more flavor. Roasting cauliflower with a little bit of olive oil brings more nutty flavor, and mushrooms just brings perfect aroma to this dish. Cauliflower and mushrooms should be best friends, as they perfectly accompany on the other. So to get more flavorful cauliflower soup, roasted the vegetables about 30 minutes in the oven, then transfer them to prepared pot with water and simmer with spices about 30 minutes after boiling. As I already mention, this method will take this easy soup to the next level, and your family and guests will be surprised and will ask you the recipe!
By the way, mushrooms will add not only the flavor, but also great vitamins, such as B and D vitamins, selenium, as well as fiber and protein.
To my mind, it is essential to add a little bit of heavy cream or milk in the end of cooking. You can use thick coconut milk, that will perfectly finish the flavor and improve the color of this soup. This is a great option for dairy-free diet.
Serving cauliflower soup
To my mind, the best way to serve and decorate this soup, is to add a little bit of nuts for the crunch, such as walnuts or cashews at your choice. Sprinkle a little bit of greens that you have, parsley or spinach is great, no extra flavor needed. I assume you can serve this soup with dry bread crackers instead of walnuts on top. Moreover, you can leave few mushrooms and cauliflower florets after roasting them to sprinkle on top, when serving.
Cauliflower soup - Roasted cauliflower soup
- Baking tray
- large pot
- 1 small cauliflower
- 6 mushrooms
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- 3 spinach leaves for decoration
- 3 walnuts for decoration
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 450 F / 230 C
- Cut cauliflower into florets.1 small cauliflower
- Arrange cauliflower, mushrooms and garlic cloves on the baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil.1 small cauliflower, 6 mushrooms, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bake vegetables for 30 minutes.
- Put baked vegetables, spices and garlic in the pot, cover with water. Bring to the boil, simmer 20 minutes.1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp thyme, 3 cups water or vegetable broth, 1 bay leaf
- Let the soup cool a little, remove bay leaf, then blend with cream until smooth.1/3 cup heavy cream
- Enjoy warm, sprinkled with chopped spinach and walnuts.3 spinach leaves, 3 walnuts