Cauliflower fritters – best cauliflower recipe for healthy breakfast. You need no milk, no sugar to make this easy pancake recipe tasty! This is one of breakfast ideas for kids, that you should try.
Learn how to make these cauliflower pancakes from scratch!
Subscribe and get our FREE eBook!
Join like-minded foodies to get new recipes and updates from us!
If you follow our blog, you already know how many cauliflower recipes we have here! Cauliflower is mainly considered to be a dinner dish, prepared as a cauliflower casserole, riced or in soup. Moreover, it is great snack, paired with cheese and dip, such as cauliflower breadsticks we made recently or cauliflower flatbread.
Cauliflower fritters for breakfast and lunch
So why don’t make good breakfast for your family with cauliflower? Next time your kids or other family members will ask pancakes in the morning, you can surprise them with making cauliflower fritters! It’s not only quick and easy breakfast, but also healthy and delicious. By the way, you can pack these cauliflower pancakes for lunch to have a healthy snack!
Moreover these pancakes are dairy free and sugar free. I used spelt flour for this recipe, but you can easily substitute it to gluten-free version, see how -in our blog post about cauliflower breadsticks.
Taste and flavor of cauliflower fritters
What’s more, I used honey to sweeten these cauliflower fritters. It is optional, but believe me, it creates the sweet note you need in this cauliflower dish. Overall, it has sweet and savory flavor, crunchy outside, soft inside. To my mind, parsley adds great flavor too. Moreover, it adds a little bit more color to cauliflower fritters! If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley, dill or thyme.
How to serve cauliflower pancakes
To my mind, these cauliflower pancakes are best to serve with thick yogurt, such as Sky or Greek yogurt. You can dip fritters in the yogurt or serve it on top, but anyway, it is a good combination to start your morning.
Moreover, you can prepare cauliflower fritters and keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days. Also you can freeze cauliflower fritters for up to 3 months, then just reheat them on a pan with some vegetable oil. However it doesn’t require much time to make these easy pancakes, so you may chop some cauliflower and store it in the fridge until you need it. Then just heat it in the pan, mix with all other ingredients in a separate bowl and cook the fritters!
(Cooking Journey blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting our blog by shopping)
Shop related products:
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 stems parsley
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup split pea meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Cook cauliflower 3-4 minutes with 2 tbsp water on a low heat, stirring.
- Remove from heat and drain well, using the sieve.
- Add cooked cauliflower in a food processor and pulse few times. Add parsley and process until combined.
- At this stage you can also transfer cauliflower mixture to the sieve and squeeze excess liquid.
- Combine honey will all spices.
- In a separate bowl, combine cauliflower-parsley mixture with eggs.
- Add honey with spices, mix together.
- Gradually add both flour mixtures until combined together. If it too sticky add a little more flour.
- Cook in a pan with oil for about 2-3 minutes from each side, until browned.
- Serve with unflavored yogurt.