Updated on January 20, 2019
Cauliflower fritters – best cauliflower recipe for easy healthy breakfast. You need no milk, no sugar to make this easy pancake recipe tasty! This is one of breakfast ideas for kids, that you should try. Easy vegetarian recipe.
Learn how to make these cauliflower pancakes from scratch! This cauliflower fritters recipe is low carb and low fat. Moreover, this is one of the easiest keto recipes for breakfast. So if you are looking for weight watchers or low carb keto meal, this is for you. No matter which diet you follow, everyone will love to make one of the healthy recipes like this!
If you follow our blog, you already know how many cauliflower recipes we have here! Cauliflower is mainly considered to be a dinner dish, prepared as a cauliflower casserole, riced or in soup.
Basic cauliflower fritters are great to substitute to potato pancakes and zucchini fritters.
Cauliflower fritters for easy healthy breakfast
So why not to make good breakfast for your family with cauliflower? Next time your kids or other family members will ask pancakes in the morning, you can surprise them with these cauliflower fritters! It’s not only quick and easy breakfast, but also healthy and delicious.
By the way, you can pack these cauliflower pancakes for lunch to have a healthy snack!
Moreover, these pancakes are dairy free and sugar free. I used spelt wheat flour with split pea meal for this recipe, but you can easily substitute it to gluten-free version, see how – in our blog post about cauliflower breadsticks. You can also use almond flour instead to make it gluten free, which will also give subtle nut flavor. No baking powder and cream cheese needed for this quick and easy healthy breakfast recipe!
Taste and flavor of cauliflower fritters
What’s more, I used honey to sweeten these cauliflower fritters. It is optional, you can use maple syrup, too. But believe me, it creates the sweet note you need in this cauliflower dish. Overall, it has sweet and savory flavor, crunchy outside, soft inside.
To my mind, parsley adds great flavor too. Moreover, it adds a little bit more color to cauliflower fritters! If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley, dill or thyme. You can also add some chopped green onion and grated Parmesan!
How to serve cauliflower pancakes
To my mind, these cauliflower pancakes are best served with thick yogurt, such as Skyr or Greek yogurt. You can dip fritters in the yogurt or serve it on top, but any way, it is a good combination to start your morning.
Or serve these cauliflower pancakes with sour cream and sprinkle some parsley on top.
Storing cauliflower fritters
Moreover, you can prepare cauliflower fritters and keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Also you can freeze cauliflower fritters for up to 3 months, then just reheat them on a pan with some vegetable oil.
So easy to include in your meal prep!
To make an easy healthy breakfast, chop raw cauliflower into cauliflower florets and cook them in the pan with few tablespoons of water to soften. Drain well, so that you are left with no extra moist, or you’ll need more flour. Let it cool a little, then with the help of food processor or just using a knife, chop it into riced cauliflower.
Add chopped parsley, eggs, spices and honey. Then add the flour and split pea meal (you can use almond flour, coconut flour or just wheat flour instead). Mix until it is not so sticky, add flour gradually.
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Dust your hands with flour and form balls from the batter, then press them between your hands to make pancakes. Cook 2-3 minutes on the medium heat on each side until golden brown and not falling apart.
However it doesn’t require much time to make these easy pancakes, so you may chop some cauliflower and store it in the fridge until you need it. Then just heat it in the pan with some oil for frying, mix with all other ingredients in a separate bowl and cook the fritters. Moreover, these are totally fine, made with frozen cauliflower.
One pancake stack per serving is only 279 calories, which is 10% Fat, 17% carbs of Daily value. Great to include in your meal plans for the week.
Cauliflower fritters - Cauliflower recipes
- a pot
- a sieve or colander
- food processor or a chopping board and a knife
- flat pan
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 stems parsley
- 1/2 cup flour all-purpose or gluten-free
- 1/4 cup split pea meal or chickpea flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey*
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Cook cauliflower in a pot 3-4 minutes with 2 cups water on a low heat, stirring.2 cups cauliflower florets
- Remove from heat and drain well, using the sieve.
- Add cooked cauliflower in a food processor and pulse few times. Add parsley and process until combined.2 stems parsley
- At this stage you can also transfer cauliflower mixture to the sieve and squeeze excess liquid.
- Combine honey will all spices.1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp honey*, 1 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- In a separate bowl, combine cauliflower-parsley mixture with eggs.2 eggs
- Add honey with spices, mix together.
- Gradually add both flour mixtures until combined together. If it too sticky add a little more flour.1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup split pea meal
- Cook in a pan with oil for about 2-3 minutes from each side, until browned.4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serve with unflavored yogurt or sour cream.