Last Updated on January 19, 2019
Easy strawberry desserts with magic, perfect valentine treats! I bet this is a cold dessert that you will want to make again.
This dessert for two is one of healthy strawberry recipes to make for Valentines day or any other occasion or even for breakfast. Perfect for healthy eating and gluten-free diet!
Can you imagine that you prepare only 2 layer, but the dessert will have 3 organically! Isn’t it magic? Every one will ask you the recipe, and you can say that it was a hard work making 3 different layers, (while you were sitting, maybe eating or cleaning). But these no bake desserts were setting and forming beautiful layers in the fridge! It looks more complicated to make that it actually is!
The key is to use blender. Yes, it will help to create the foam from frozen strawberries, that is lighter than strawberry puree. That is why beautiful rose foam will lift to the up, while red strawberry puree will fall to the bottom. It is so easy, a little bit of physic or magic, and you will have beautiful and easy strawberry desserts!
Yogurt panna cotta and Greek yogurt recipes
I use Greek yogurt in many of my dishes – desserts, dipping sauces. It is sort of the staple in my fridge. You can see it in our previous blog posts – Buffalo cauliflower, Blackberry desserts, Chia seed pudding with mango, Chocolate and blueberry cake, Yogurt strawberry appetizers and many others!
If you like whipping cream more, you can substitute it to Greek yogurt to make it more fluffy and soft. Similarly like you would make panna cotta, heat heavy cream with gelatin (use 2 grams more for the recipe) and pour, when it is cooled, on the strawberry layer. However, plain Greek yogurt is more light and it is thicker, so you need less gelatin. It has lighter taste too.
By the way, you can present these healthy Greek yogurt desserts with the name you prefer. It could be just easy strawberry desserts, layered dessert or more fancy – strawberry panna cotta! Or do you like it to be strawberry parfait?
No bake desserts are great!
What’s great about these easy strawberry desserts in a glass, you don’t need to think about baking time. You can even make these layered desserts the same day you plan to serve them! Just decorate with some mint leaves and that’s it. No worries about getting the desserts out of the molds, too.
These easy strawberry desserts are healthy, because you will taste fruits and yogurt, no flour (yay, gluten-free!), just a pinch of sugar (you can use maple syrup instead).
How about starting your day with these easy layered desserts? I love fruits and yogurt, such an easy and healthy desserts in the morning instead of regular yogurt breakfast bowls. But you can’t just buy strawberry yogurt and serve it in glass, give it a twist! Also if you plan dessert after a dinner, this is great light version. Well, no need of cake after 6 p.m., this is a low-calorie dessert!
So if you like yogurt and strawberries (or frozen yogurt), and want to stay healthy, this recipe is for you! It is fresh, creamy, a pure happiness for the end of dinner party!
Serving easy strawberry desserts
These no bake desserts are perfect for every day or special occasion. Moreover, these are perfect as an entree for a party or just for breakfast. If you’re still worried about calories, you can use nonfat Greek yogurt.
They can keep up to 3 days in the fridge. Just decorate with mint leaves, dark chocolate or toasted coconut before serving!
Would you love to receive these Valentines desserts in the morning instead of yogurt bowls?
More Valentines desserts
If you are interested to see more desserts in glasses, check our recipes:
Easy strawberry desserts - Greek Yogurt recipes – Valentines desserts
- 100gGreek yogurt/3.5 oz
- 100mlmilk/3.4 fl oz
- 100gfrozen strawberries/3.5 oz
- 15ggelatine powder/0.5 oz
- 2dropsvanilla flavor (extract)
- 2tspcaster sugar
- 50mlwater/1.7 fl oz
For red layer:
- Leave 8 g / 0.3 oz gelatin in 50 ml water in a small pot to bloom (about 10-15 min)
- Heat strawberries in a separate pan for 5 minutes, until starting defrosting. Or defrost at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Blend strawberries with liquid (from defrosting) until smooth on a high speed, until foamy. Leave in the blender.
- Heat bloomed gelatin with water until melted.
- Pour melted gelatin, while the blender is proceeding strawberry mixture.
- Put kitchen towel in a bowl and place the the glasses so that you can fill them under an angle. Fill half of the each glass with strawberry mixture. Let it set in the fridge.
For white layer:
- Leave 7 g / 0.25 oz gelatin in 2 tbsp water to bloom (about 10-15 min).
- Heat half amount of milk (don't boil) and mix it with gelatin until it dissolves.
- Mix Greek yogurt with other half of milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Slowly add milk with gelatin in Greek yogurt and mix well.
- When the strawberry layer is set, remove the glasses from the bowl and put them on a table.
- Fill the glasses with yogurt mixture and leave in the fridge until set.
- Decorate with small mint leaves and serve.