Updated on July 6, 2018
These are individual crunchy shortbread pastry tarts with caramelized condensed milk inside and homemade blackberry yogurt! Beautiful little blackberry desserts can be served as a mini tart appetizer on your party or as sweet snacks for every day!
Blackberry mini tarts are simple desserts, so you don’t need to be a French pastry chef to make it! Nonetheless these mini fruit tarts look lovely and taste great!
How blackberry desserts taste
To my mind, these blackberry mini tarts have a good balance of sweetness, fruitiness and creaminess from yogurt. Of course you can use Mascarpone cheese or cream cheese for the filling, but natural thick Greek yogurt has lighter texture, so it perfectly matches this blackberry dessert. And it makes mini fruit tarts a little bit healthier too!
Well, I would eat a big pack of blackberry yogurt if I had one. So as I didn’t, I made it myself, just by mixing garden-fresh blackberries (many thanks to my aunt) with natural Greek yogurt. No sugar needed, as we use condensed milk for the blackberry tart recipe.
When you have pastry shells with sweet condensed milk, you don’t need that extra sugar, butter or whatever except blackberry yogurt, believe me. And what a beautiful color!
Leave the most beautiful blackberries for decoration. Moreover I added a fresh leaf of mint to every mini tart. Not only it brings beautiful color, but also it delivers refreshing mint aftertaste. Perfectly rounded flavor!
Benefits of blackberries
Blackberries provide vitamin A, B-group vitamins, as well as vitamins C, E and K. These beautiful berries will give you minerals, fiber and amino acids. Blackberries include a lot of powerful antioxidants, have anti-cancer properties. They are good for your digestion, immunity system, vision, memory and heart health!
Moreover, blackberries are good for women as they improve skin care and are beneficial for pregnancy health. So I highly recommend to include blackberries in your daily food recipes, especially when they are in season!
Mini Blackberry Tarts
- 8 mini tart pans
- Rolling Pin
- spoons and knife
- 200 g shortbread pastry dough or 2 sheets
- 8 tsp caramelized condensed milk or Dulce de Leche
- 3 tbsp blackberries
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt or Mascarpone cheese
- 24 blackberries
- 8 mint leaves
- Preheat the oven 350 F / 180 C.
- Roll the dough and cut mini circles to fit your mini tart molds. Spray the molds with cooking spray or lightly grease with melted butter. Press these circles into the molds. Remove excess dough from edges. Punch tart bottom with the fork.200 g shortbread pastry dough
- Bake mini shells in a oven for 12-15 min until lightly golden. Leave to cool, then remove from tart molds.
- While your tart shells are cooling, blend 3 tbsp blackberries with yogurt.3 tbsp blackberries, 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Add 1 tsp of condensed milk into the bottom of each mini tart shell. Top with blackberry yogurt.8 tsp caramelized condensed milk
- Decorate mini tarts with blackberries and mint leaves.8 mint leaves, 24 blackberries