Tiramisu cookies are great sweets to serve with a cup of tea. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Crunchy sweet cookies with tiramisu cream filling.
I love how easy these sandwich cookies come together! Great part is that you can make the sweet cookies and the tiramisu filling ahead of time.
Tiramisu is one of our favorite desserts. Creamy and sweet dessert with coffee and chocolate flavor. This is a great upgrade of the Italian dessert turned into the finger food. Who can’t resist it?
Tiramisu literally means “a pick me up.” These sandwich cookies perfectly mimic rich and popular Italian dessert.
Tiramisu sandwich cookies can be served for parties, as they are easy to grab and go! This is a perfect dessert for a sweet tooth. The cookies are soft with a light crunch, and the filling is indulgent and irresistible!
If you are keen on tiramisu, try this easy dessert in a cookie recipe, started from scratch. Make something different and enjoy your favorite dessert with your family and friends!
How to make tiramisu cookies
Gather all ingredients for cookies.
Start beating sugar and butter until white and fluffy.
Add an egg and continue beating until combined.
Add all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until just combined.
Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Prepare a baking tray, layered with baking paper and a cookie scoop or measuring spoon.
With a help of two teaspoons, scoop a dollop of the dough into the bowl with sugar to coat the ball. Then place the balls to the baking tray.
Don’t forget to leave the space between the cookies, as they will spread on the baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes 375 F / 190 C until firm and golden.
Let them cool before adding the filling or it will melt.
How to make tiramisu filling
Gather ingredients for the tiramisu filling.
Mix Mascarpone with powdered sugar and salt. You can add vanilla powder or vanilla extract and a splash of rum, if you like.
Add coffee powder. If you have granulated coffee, it won’t melt into Mascarpone, so better dissolve it in a teaspoon of warm (not hot!) water. But on the other hand, it will make lovely dots of coffee in the tiramisu filling, if you don’t dissolve! You can also use Kahlua coffee liqueur instead.
Mix in good quality cacao powder to make it more rich and indulgent.
Put a scoop of tiramisu filling on the flat side of the cooled cookie. Close with the other cookie and place tiramisu sandwich cookies on the plate.
You will love to share this tiramisu cookie sandwich! Lightly dust them with cacao powder before serving. Use a good quality Dutch cacao powder, because you are going to eat it.
Storing tiramisu sandwich cookies
Store tiramisu cookies up to 5 days in the fridge. Cookies without the filling will keep up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
Keep in mind, the more tiramisu cookies will stay in the fridge with the filling, less crunchy they become. So I recommend assembling the cookies the day you plan to serve them.
If you want to make more cookies, choose one of our recipes:
- Earl Grey Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Walnut Shaped Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Find more Holiday recipes here:
Hope you will try tiramisu cookies this Christmas! Tag us on social media or comment to let us know! They will make a lovely edible gift, won’t they?
- 1 electric mixer with a whisk attachment
- 2 bowls for mixing
- Baking tray
- 2 teaspoons
- parchment paper
- food processor
- cookie scoop
- sieve for dusting
- 125 g Flour all-purpose
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt divided
- 114 g Butter room temperature
- 100 g granulated sugar + extra
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 110 g Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 tsp coffee powder or granulated coffee, dissolved in water
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cacao powder + more for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C. Prepare a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Beat butter with sugar until white. Scrap the sides of the bowl with a spatula.114 g Butter, 100 g granulated sugar
- Add an egg and continue beating until combined.1 egg
- Add flour and baking powder. Beat until just combined.125 g Flour, ½ tsp Baking powder
- Scrap the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Using two teaspoons, grab a dollop of the dough. Put in a bowl with extra sugar, then onto the baking tray. Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Add Mascarpone, powdered sugar, coffee, salt and vanilla powder in the bowl. Beat with electric mixer with whisk attachment until smooth.¼ tsp Salt, 110 g Mascarpone cheese, 1/2 tsp coffee powder, 120 g powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Add cacao and whisk or beat until smooth.1/2 tsp unsweetened cacao powder
- Put on a scoop of the filling onto the flat side of the COOLED cookie.
- Put the other cookie on top. Place cookies on the table.
- Dust with cocoa and enjoy.1/2 tsp unsweetened cacao powder