Updated on October 30, 2018
Are you searching for apple cake? This apple bundt cake is perfect for pairing with your morning coffee or tea. This is easy apple cake for one or two persons, because you deserve to enjoy your own small apple dessert!
Moreover, this is one of the guilt-free mini bundt cake recipes that you can make specially for yourself or as a small gift for the one you love!
So if you want to prepare this for your self or make a gift or celebrate National Bundt Cake Day (November 15th), you will love this easy recipe! This bundt cake recipe makes 1 mini dessert. But you can make more in different small bundt pans.
Bundt cake actually comes from Europe, but was popularized in North America in late 50s. Originally it is very similar to German Gugelhupf cake, made with yeast.
Apple bundt cake for breakfast
One of the best options for making mini bundt cakes is that you will need less baking time. Only 20-30 minutes that you can spend in the morning, if you prepared the batter the evening before… However, be sure that you have 10 minutes more, to let it cool (you don’t want to burn yourself, right?) and remove from the mini baking pan.
Ok, better bake it in the evening, or leave in the pan overnight and you will have beautiful apple cake in the morning, which will become more gorgeous and mouthwatering if you cover it with white chocolate. Oh, yum!
How to remove the bundt cake from pan?
Take your time to thoroughly grease the pan. Moreover, you should sprinkle some bread crumbs or flour in the pan. Turn the pan, covering all the edges with flour or crumbs, removing access.
Also check the apple bundt cake with the wooden stick. If it is baked for too long, it will be too dry, and if it isn’t baked enough, you will not remove it from the pan. It is small, so bakes pretty fast, don’t forget about your oven!
Main flavors for the mini bundt cake recipes
Mini bundt cakes are perfect for experimenting! I used cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg for this apple bundt cake. Moreover, you can add vanilla, orange zest, or rose water.
Replace apples with other soft juicy fruits like pears, bananas or whatever you have. You can create differently flavored cakes for every day, and bake them all at once in different bundt pans!
I melted some white chocolate for the glaze, I would also recommend serving this cake with sugar free Apple sauce. Oh, and you can sprinkle some orange zest or walnuts on top!
- Use non-stick, unscratched metal bundt pan.
- I know that you love your old scratched bundt pan… but you better know your pan. If you found this recipe and bake the bundt cake for the first time…. maybe better buy a new pan thann borrow the old-fashioned grandmothers pan? Well, if it doesn’t stick, you’re lucky!
- If you have a silicone bundt pan, it will be easier to remove the cake from it. Place the pan on a stable baking tray, before filling with batter. Check the time of cooking, you may need 5 minutes more. Also your bundt cake may not brown so good as in metal pans.
- Use a generous amount of non-stick veg oil spray or melted shortening, I mean GENEROUS. It is better to use more spray or shortening than one knife to scratch your pan! Moreover, spray coats the pan more even.
- Sometimes I use butter to grease my pan. BUT. It can actually make the cake stick to the pan. Why? Heating the butter will turn the milk solids in glue. Oh, chemistry, chemistry…. Use butter, if you want to, but your chances are 50/50 for sticking.
- Grease your pan just before baking, otherwise oil may slide down.
- After greasing the pan, coat it with bread crumbs or flour. It will provide the barrier between batter and actual pan. However, flour may leave white traces on your cake, so I prefer bread crumbs.
- Don’t try to remove the cake immediately! Let it cool in a pan for 5 minutes, then turn it down and wait 5 minutes more. Well, give it a few knocks with a wooden spoon from different angles. Maybe loosen the edges with spatula or the other side of the spoon.
- Be patient!
Apple bundt cake - Mini bundt cake recipes
- mini bundt cake pan 4″ or 10 cm diameter
- apple peeler and core remover
- a pot with heat proof bowl on top (Bain-Marie)
- mixing bowls
- Spatula or spoon
- knife and a chopping board
- 85 g flour
- 1/2 apple
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/4 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp butter or vegetable oil spray for greasing
- 1 tsp bread crumbs or flour for dusting
- 56 g white chocolate
- 1 tsp milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Peel apple. Cut into small pieces.1/2 apple
- Mix all dry ingredients.85 g flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground, 1/4 tsp cardamom, ground, 1/4 tsp coriander, ground, 1 pinch salt, 1 tsp baking powder
- Beat egg white with sugar until white and fluffy, add oil and beat just until combined.1/4 tsp sugar, 1 egg white, 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fold in dry ingredients. Then fold in apples.
- Spray mini bundt cake with oil or grease with butter. Dust with flour or bread crumbs.1 tsp butter or vegetable oil spray, 1 tsp bread crumbs or flour
- Add batter to the pan. Leave a little space as it will rise.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Check if it is ready with wooden stick. Let it cool on the wire rack for about 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate with milk or heavy cream on the water bath or Bain-Marie.56 g white chocolate, 1 tsp milk or heavy cream
- Remove bundt cake from the pan. Pour melted chocolate on top.