Updated on November 17, 2018
Turkey pot pie is one of the tastiest turkey leftover recipes, perfect and easy savory pie with spicy kick. Turkey meat, combined with vegetables in a puff pastry makes a great savory pie!
Are you wondering what to make for Thanksgiving table? Or maybe you have leftover turkey? Well, here is delicious and easy turkey pot pie recipe for your family! Moreover, you can make chicken pot pie, using this easy recipe. This is a great pie for a game day, too.
This is one of our best savory pie recipes with turkey meat, green beans and vegetables. This is an easy recipe you will love!
Filling for the turkey pot pie
It is highly possible that you will not need to go shopping to get ingredients for this recipe. Especially, if you have frozen puff pastry and leftover turkey. All you have to add are some veggies and greens. I used fresh carrot, which I chopped, as well as a can of vegetable mix. Half of this mix were corn, 29 % green beans and 10 % of paprika. Frozen peas are also great to use for the filling. Just add salt and pepper to your taste.
You can regulate the quantities, according of what you have in your pantry. Moreover I love using mushrooms in my savory dishes, so this turkey pot pie was no exception. I also added 1 chili to make it more like spicy pie.
If you love spicy comforting dishes and Mexican recipes, check our Mexican tortilla soup.
How to make turkey pot pie
All the vegetables and leftover turkey chunks are cooked in a pan with milk and flour, to make the mixture thick and let the mushrooms cook through. You can also add chopped onion instead of chives. This is delicious mixture, which can be served for dinner, but will be much better, when transferred in the pie crust.
I used defrosted butter yeast puff pastry. I layered half of pastry sheets in 20 cm / 8 inch round baking pan (or use a pie plate). Then I put veg & turkey mixture (leaving few tablespoons to eat from the pan, it was irresistible) in the baking pan. Topped with left puff pastry, be sure to pinch the sides of the dough. Also I stabbed the bottom and the top of the pastry with a fork and left few slits with a knife on top to let the steam get away. Also I used egg wash to make it more appealing and brown on top!
Then you need about 20-30 minutes to wait for the delicious turkey pot pie to be ready. Regulate cooking time, so your pie will be golden brown. I recommend leaving it for 20 minutes after baking to cool. So it will be easier to cut the pie and you will not burn yourself.
What can be more tempting than warm turkey pie with creamy spicy filling and soft crust! This is a great meal that will satisfy your hunger. It is a perfect snack or lunch. I recommend serving it warm. Moreover, it is easy to cut and serve this turkey pot pie!
Check also our Shepherd’s pie and if you need more leftover turkey recipes, see our Turkey wraps! You will also like 101 Awesome Thanksgiving recipes from different bloggers that will get you excited for Thanksgiving. You will find Thanksgiving turkey recipes, casserole recipes, baked dishes, dessert recipes and other dinner recipes.
Have you ever tried chicken pot pies and other pot pie recipes? Do you like using pie crusts in such way? Leave a comment bellow, we would love to know!
Pin this turkey pot pie recipe for later!
Turkey pot pie – Turkey leftover recipes
- 30 g butter
- 5 g flour
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 300 g cooked turkey shredded
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot small, chopped
- 1 chili
- 300 ml milk
- 340 g vegetable mix corn, green bean, paprika
- 10 g chives chopped
- 400 g butter yeast puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter on a pan, add chopped mushrooms and onion.30 g butter, 6 mushrooms, 1 onion
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, shredded turkey, milk, and flour. Add lemon juice.5 g flour, 1/2 lemon, 300 g cooked turkey, 1 carrot, 300 ml milk, 340 g vegetable mix, 1 chili
- Mix together, cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add chopped chives and spices. Remove from heat. Let it chill.10 g chives, 1 tsp marjoram, 1 tsp thyme, salt, pepper, 1 tsp rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Line 2 slices of puff pastry at the bottom of the round greased pan, leave no gaps. Stab the bottom with the fork.400 g butter yeast puff pastry
- Place filling on the pastry.
- Put the puff pastry on top, pinch the sides together. Gently stab the top with the fork. Make few slits with the knife in the center.
- Brush the crust with egg yolk.1 egg yolk
- Bake 30 minutes until golden. Serve warm.