Tortilla wraps is a good tortilla recipe if you want a snack on the go. Turkey and beans are main ingredients, which means that you will have meal that is rich in protein.
Turkey wrap will satisfy your cravings and, to my mind, it’s much better than a burger!
Cooking a turkey
Skinless turkey is low in fat an it is a rich source of protein. It is essential not overcooking the turkey, as it becomes dry. I recommend to use boneless thighs for turkey wraps, because the poultry will be juicier, especially helps adding tomatoes. If you have time, you can pickle the meat for an hour before cooking.
When you are looking for a tortilla in the shop, be sure to buy high quality whole wheat tortilla. Tortilla will make it easier to eat with your hands and along with turkey and beans, it will blow away your hunger!
Spice it up!
Best part of the dish is how you make it spicy! Turkey has more flavor than the chicken, but nonetheless you need to spice it up, because it is a Mexican style of dish, isn’t it? Chili, garlic or onions, pepper, salt will make tortilla wraps perfect.
Don’t under-season, but add everything to your taste.You don’t want to drink a gallon of water after chili, especially if you are on the go.
Tips for making turkey tortilla wraps
You can make the filling for the wraps, and it will last in your fridge for 4 days. When you have a hunger, just heat tortilla wrap in a pan (from both sides) or in microwave or oven (better wrapped in foil) for a few minutes.
After that fill the wraps with turkey and bean mixture, preheat everything again and serve.
Don’t forget to add some greens in the wraps, you will have more fresh taste.
Tortilla wraps with turkey and beans
- 500 g turkey thighs without skin and bones
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic pepper or garlic
- 1 tsp salt to your taste
- 1 tsp pepper to your taste
- 500 g black eco beans in tomato sauce
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 bunch baby salad mix for serving
- In the skillet, on the high heat cook turkey for 5 min until browned
- Add beans with tomato sauce, chili, salt, pepper, garlic pepper, cook 5 min more.
- Warm tortillas in the oven, microwave or on the skillet.
- Spoon the turkey and bean mixture on the each tortilla. Add baby salad.
- Serve hot.