Amazing beef and potatoes for dinner! Simple, filling and delicious meal, baked in clay pot. You will have easy dinners with this idea.
I love individual serving baking ware. It feels so cozy to serve a warm pot with a lid on on the table. It is so comforting, I even think it is more delicious to spoon from the pot, than serve on a plate.
Subscribe and get our FREE eBook!
Join like-minded foodies to get new recipes and updates from us!
What’s also great, the food in such pots will long remain warm. You can also store them in the fridge and reheat beef and potatoes in the oven.
Using clay pots for cooking
The case if you planning to buy one or you already have, but don’t know how to use it, I’m here to help you!
Firs of all, clay pots don’t like sudden temperature changes. So if you want them to serve for you for a long time, don’t put them in a hot oven. Put the clay pots in a cold oven, and let them heat slowly.
By the way, clay pots are great for slow cooking in the oven!
I also don’t recommend using dish washing liquid and abrasives for cleaning the pots. All stains are easily removed with warm water and soft sponge. You can also leave them filled with water for a longer time, if they are very dirty. And yes, you will have to clean with your hands, no dishwasher, please!
Also, as it relate to all pans, don’t pour cold water in hot kitchen ware!
However, if you don’t have one, don’t worry, as this dish can be cooked in a regular baking ware too.
Beef and potatoes for easy dinners
Now about the recipe! Of course, all ingredients are should be cooked and caramelized before baking. I love using mushrooms with other vegetables, as they will make beef and potatoes more aromatic!
All the vegetables are placed in a pot in layers and of course finished with cheese! So you can spoon all the deliciousness from top till bottom, yum!
This is how you can transform easy dinner ideas into this comfort food. Beef, cooked slowly in a pot is more tender, the flavors just dance together!
(Cooking Journey blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for supporting our blog by shopping)
Shop related products:
Beef and potatoes for dinner! Simple, filling and delicious meal, baked in clay pot. You will have easy dinners with this idea.
- 4-5 potatoes
- 210 g beef with bone /7.40 oz
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 g mushrooms /10.60 oz
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots small
- 100 g cheese /3.5 oz
- 2-3 cups water
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the water in a pan, put the beef and bay leaf in. Cook until ready, about 30-40 min.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and mushrooms, cook until ready, about 10 min.
- Chop potatoes and carrot.
Put 1 tbsp butter in every pot.
- Chop the beef, remove the bone and distribute the meat to the pots.
- Put chopped carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the beef. Add salt and pepper
- Add about 1/2 cup of beef stock in the pots.
- Put the sour cream on top and finish with shredded cheese on top. Put the lids on the clay pots.
- Bake in the oven 270 F /130 C for 40 min, then raise to 300 F / 150 C and bake 50 min.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with parsley on top.
This is recipe for 4 x 300 ml pots