Last Updated on September 28, 2018
Amazing beef and potatoes for dinner! Simple, filling and delicious meal, baked in clay pot. You will learn how to make easy dinners with this gluten free recipe.
I love individual serving baking ware. It feels so cozy to serve a warm pot with a lid on. It is so comforting, I even think it is more delicious to spoon from the pot, than serve on a plate.
What’s also great, the food in such pots will remain warm for a long time. So you can chat and don’t worry that your food will cool down too fast. You can also store them in the fridge and reheat beef and potatoes in the oven in the same clay pots again!
Instead of clay pots you can also use ceramic baking ware and cover it with foil! Yes, you can use modern instant pot, too.
Using clay pots for cooking
In case if you planning to buy one or you already have, but don’t know how to use it, I’m here to help you!
First of all, clay pots don’t like sudden temperature changes. So if you want them to serve you for a long time, don’t put them in a hot oven. Put the clay pots in a cold oven, and let them heat slowly.
By the way, clay pots are great for slow cooking in the oven!
I also don’t recommend using dish washing liquid and abrasives for cleaning the pots. All stains are easily removed with warm water and soft sponge. If your clay pots are very dirty, you can leave them filled with water overnight and clean in the morning!
And yes, you will have to clean with your hands, no dishwasher, please!
Also, as it relates to all pans, don’t pour cold water in hot kitchen ware!
However, if you don’t have clay pots, don’t worry, as this dish can be cooked in a regular baking ware too.
Beef and potatoes for easy dinners
Now about the recipe! Of course, all ingredients should be cooked and caramelized before baking. This will help to develop the flavor, not only steam the meat and veggies.
I love using mushrooms with other vegetables, as they make beef and potatoes more aromatic! The sour cream makes the beef more tender, to my mind, and creates a sauce. Of course add salt and pepper to your preferences.
All the vegetables are placed in a pot in layers and of course finished with cheese! So you can spoon all the deliciousness from top till bottom, yum!
This is how you can transform easy dinner ideas into this comfort food. Beef, cooked slowly in a pot is more tender, the flavors just dance together! This dinner is all about the simple and delicious veggies and beef!
For more easy dinner ideas, check our other recipes, made in the oven:
- Rigatoni pasta bake
- Zucchini lasagna with chicken
- Greek Moussaka
- Rosemary chicken thighs with mandarins.
Beef and potatoes – Dinner ideas
- 4-5 potatoes
- 210 g beef with bone /7.40 oz
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 g mushrooms /10.60 oz
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots small
- 100 g cheese /3.5 oz
- 2-3 cups water
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the water in a pan, put the beef and bay leaf in. Cook until ready, about 30-40 min.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and mushrooms, cook until ready, about 10 min.
- Chop potatoes and carrot.
- Put 1 tbsp butter in every pot.
- Chop the beef, remove the bone and distribute the meat to the pots.
- Put chopped carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the beef. Add salt and pepper
- Add about 1/2 cup of beef stock in the pots.
- Put the sour cream on top and finish with shredded cheese on top. Put the lids on the clay pots.
- Bake in the oven 270 F /130 C for 40 min, then raise to 300 F / 150 C and bake 50 min.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with parsley on top.