Last Updated on February 20, 2019
If you seek different flavor for your pizza, this pumpkin pizza recipe is for you. Main ingredient that you need are pumpkin, apple, ham with crunchy kale on top – everything works really good together. This is a great breakfast pizza recipe.
This easy recipe will surprise your guests and feed a lot of people! And it looks beautiful – orange, green and purple colors invites you to eat it. So this pizza is not heavy at all, tastes light, juicy and crunchy.
By the way, this is great breakfast pizza recipe. Give it a try!
Here is the video tutorial about making pumpkin pizza:
I used store bought pizza crust mix for this pizza. But I will share pizza crust recipe next time, I promise! However this is high quality pizza crust mix is packed with flavor, and I just needed to add some water and oil according to package instructions, and that’s it, you can save your time! By the way, we have great homemade blackberry ricotta pizza on our blog!
Topping for pumpkin pizza
Now about the topping. You can skip the ham if you or your guests are vegetarian. Pumpkin, apple and kale is a perfect combination. Creamy pumpkin fills you, apples give some freshness, as well as kale – fresh, crunchy and simply beautiful. Ham and onion gives this pizza savory flavor, but if you skip it, you will have sweet pizza as a dessert! Many options to play with these ingredients!
Apples on top
I used apples Golden Delicious apples in this recipe, Granny Smith would be perfect too. The apples should taste sweet (but not overly sweet), juicy and keep shape, when cooking. I cooked apples skin on, because it is really thin, and becomes soft while cooking. And also, did you know all the vitamins are in the skin?
Pumpkin puree instead of tomato sauce
So as I wrote earlier, I cheated a little, and used pizza crust mix. But I used real pumpkin, which I sliced and baked in the oven until soft, and blended to puree. Of course you can use store-bought pumpkin puree (not spiced!). But I had this gorgeous “Musquee de Provence” pumpkin with deep orange color and fine sweet flavor that I wanted to use in this recipe.
Pumpkin Pizza – Breakfast pizza recipe
- 1packpizza crust mix
- olive oil
- 5tbspsour cream
- 200gramsbaked pumpkin
- 1appleGranny Smith or Golden Delicious
- 100 gramsham/3.5 oz
- 3handfuls kale
- 1cupgrated cheese
- Place your pizza crust mix in a bowl, add water and olive oil according to package instructions. Mix well, knead pizza dough. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Slice half onion, apple and ham. Make a puree from baked pumpkin with hand blender or use canned pumpkin puree.
- Roll out your dough, place it on the baking tray lined with baking paper or silicone mat.
- For first layer smear sour cream on the dough, then pumpkin puree. Add apple slices, then onion and ham. Season with pepper and salt. Sprinkle with grated cheese, add kale.
- Bake in 200 °C 400 °F preheated oven for about 20 minutes until edges are golden. Serve hot or cold.