Updated on April 15, 2018
We are celebrating summertime with this beautiful, juicy, sweet & salty summer salad near the seaside. This is perfect snack outdoors!
The summer is in it’s finest, so get all the vitamins from real fruits and veggies.
Summer fruits and berries
So the fruits and berries that you need for the summer salad are strawberries and peaches. By the way, if you have a grill outdoors, you can grill the peaches, so they will have beautiful stripes and become softer!
Veggies and fruit salad
Tomatoes, actually, look and taste perfect in this fruit salad! I recommend choosing tender-firm mini orange tomatoes plums. These beauties are less acidic than the regular tomatoes and milder. Tomatoes plums will give a burst of sweetness and color. You won’t notice that you eat a veggie along with fruits!
I used mixed salad – different salad leaves, spinach, arugula, baby beet leaves – use any at your choice.
Also I sprinkled some pumpkin and sunflower seeds and, moreover almond slices on top. Seeds and nuts are there for the crunch and to give more health benefits. This step is optional, you can sprinkle other nuts or seeds that you have on hand!
If you want to sweeten this fruit salad, drizzle it with some honey in the end. A little bit of lemon juice will be good too.
Why feta in the fruit salad?
I actually love it’s tangy salty flavor. It perfectly regulates all the sweetness of the fruits, berries and tomatoes in the salad. If you don’t like feta, you can substitute it with mini mozzarella balls or goat cheese.
Hope you are enjoying these sunny summer days with your friends and family!
If want more summer salad recipes, check this refreshing strawberry, rhubarb and apple salad with strawberry sauce or this colorful vegetable salad with quail eggs and grilled cheese
Peach and Feta Salad
- 1 handful mixed salad leaves
- 1 peach
- 8 strawberries
- 5 mini orange tomatoes plums
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- almond slices to sprinkle
- pumpkin seeds to sprinkle
- sunflower seeds to sprinkle
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Slice strawberries in half.8 strawberries
- Place salad greens in the bowl, then strawberry slices.1 handful mixed salad leaves
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to the salad bowl.5 mini orange tomatoes plums
- Slice peach in half, remove the seed. Make 3-4 slices from each half of the peach. Place them in the bowl.1 peach
- Next, slice feta cheese to cubes and add to the salad.1/2 cup feta cheese
- Sprinkle with almond slices, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.almond slices, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Add salt and pepper to your taste. Enjoy!1/4 tsp ground sea salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper