Updated on March 17, 2018
We love to grill some cheese in summer and serve it with tomatoes. But why not to make a summer salad with quail eggs, vegetables and grilled cheese?
So here is colorful and delicious recipe for you.
Ingredients for the salad
To make this salad, you will need to add some juicy and sweet cherry tomatoes, red onion, which has milder taste and more beautiful color than regular yellow onion. What’s more, there is a spicy radish kick and salty green olives! You can use fresh olives instead and add some salt. However, overall it doesn’t need much seasoning.
Also there are some quail eggs that are more nutritional than chicken eggs and, to my mind, look nice in salads.
Don’t forget to add some greens in the salad, I used curly red greens for serving.
You can use white halloumi cheese or other grilled cheese alternatives. Find your type of cheese that is perfect for grilling or just search for the words “cheese” and “grill” on the package. Grilled cheese is rich in flavor, crunchy outside, and it delivers a nice chew (some of them will be more creamy inside).
Salad with vegetables, quail eggs and grilled cheese
- 2 curled salad leaves for serving
- 10 green olives drained
- 3 radishes
- 7 cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices grill cheese
- 6 quail eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Boil water in a pot. Cook quail eggs for 5 min. Cool the eggs, peel, cut in halves.6 quail eggs
- Meanwhile heat grill the cheese from both sides. Cut in quarters.4 slices grill cheese
- Cut tomatoes in halves, thinly slice radishes and onion.3 radishes, 7 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 red onion
- Gently mix all ingredients with salad leaves, olives.2 curled salad leaves, 10 green olives
- Add olive oil, season with pepper.1/2 tsp ground pepper, 1 tsp olive oil