Avocado chicken salad is probably the easiest dish to make for dinner or lunch. This is one of filling and delicious healthy salads to prepare! Chicken and avocado salad with yogurt dressing has a light and lovely taste.
All of your family will enjoy this healthy chicken salad that takes almost no effort for you to prepare. This is also one of the best chicken leftover recipes!
You can serve it as a side dish too, but this is one of the salad recipes that is full of protein and healthy fat. Avocado chicken salad is a great for serving between the meals, too.
Avocado is one of the greatest fruits to include in your diet! To my mind, it is is best served raw, especially in salads.
Yes, avocado is a fruit. Did you know that?
Anyways, it is great not only for savory dishes, but also in desserts, such as our Vegan Avocado cake.
Moreover, it is one of the main ingredients of the Mexican food that is so spicy and enjoyable. We love Mexican cuisine, like our Chicken tortilla soup that you should try too!
Well, avocado has a lot of calories. But its fat is actually healthy for you! Avocado is one of the greatest sources of mono-saturated fat that is good for your brains, heart and helps regulating sugar level.
Moreover, avocado brings to you vitamins A, B, E, K and C! It also contains potassium, folate, fiber and other nutrients that are essential for your health.
And of course avocado is a great source of protein!
Greek yogurt dressing can be served aside or mixed with any salad! It is much more healthy than sour cream!
Yogurt dressing can be stored in a fridge for up to 5 days.
You can add yogurt dressing to any leafy salad or chicken salad.
Keep in mind that it is also a great sauce for fish dishes! Such as roasted trout.
When you combine all the ingredients for the dressing, adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your taste.
To my mind, it is better to use grainy mustard for this recipe! I think it adds an interesting texture to the salad. I used English mustard with mixed in whole grains.
Avocado chicken salad variations
So it’s a pretty simple chicken avocado recipe! To make the preparation faster, cook the chicken and let it cool before incorporating in salad.
Baked chicken also will be great in such a salad.
Moreover, as I already mentioned, I use English mustard to make yogurt sauce. However, Dijon mustard would fit greatly in this sauce, if you have one!
This is a great keto salad, don’t you think so?
For more healthy salad recipes check also our Greek salad or Summer salad with rhubarb and strawberries.
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
Avocado chicken salad – Healthy salad recipes
- large pot
- knife and cutting board
- apple peeler and core remover or knife
- spoons and a bowl
- 2 chicken breasts large
- 2 green apples small
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 avocado medium
- 1/2 head Romana salad
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅝ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp English mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds peeled
- Put chicken breasts in boiling water, so it covers the chicken. Add a pinch of salt. Cook about 20-30 minutes until no longer pink inside.*2 chicken breasts, 1 pinch salt
- Meanwhile, peel apples, remove the core. Cut apples in smaller cubes.2 green apples
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit. Scoop the flesh of avocado and cut in small cubes.1 avocado
- Mix avocado and apples with one tbsp of lemon juice to prevent from browning.2 green apples, 1 avocado, 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut celery stalk in pieces. Chop Roma salad.1 celery stalk, 1/2 head Romana salad
- Gently whisk all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.⅝ cups Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp English mustard, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- When chicken is cooked, remove it from water and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into stripes and put in a salad bowl. Add cut apples, avocado, salad leaves and celery. Cover with yogurt sauce and combine.
- Serve in individual plates, sprinkled with walnuts and sunflower seeds.3 tbsp walnuts, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
This is so healthy and perfect for spring! Love that you used yogurt dressing!
Thank you, Iryna! Give it a try 😉
I have some leftover rotisserie chicken, I’m going to try this for lunch today—I can’t wait to try that dressing!
Great, I’m sure you’ll love it!
My daughter loves avocados, and this would be a great recipe for her and my whole family! We’re trying to eat healthier, and this fits the bill for sure.
Thank you, Andrea! Yes, it’s easy, healthy and tasty. Enjoy!
This looks like a wonderful salad for a cookout!
Sure it is! 🙂
Great salad recipe. I love the fact that you used yogurt in the dressing…I bet that tangy dressing is perfect with the avocados and chicken.
Thank you, Teri! Yogurt dressing is much healthier and lighter, works great with all the other flavors.
This looks so delicious with that creamy dressing, chicken and avocado are so delicious together!
Thank you, Emily! It really is a good recipe to try 😉