Updated on September 14, 2018
Roast beetroot salad is a great meal that can be enjoyed every day! Moreover, roast beetroot is healthy and delicious. Serve this salad with greens, creamy-salty feta, sprinkled with some seeds or walnuts for crunch. This is one of the best low calorie salads!
Moreover, roast beetroot salad is easy, tasty, but full of flavor.
Before reading further, watch this short, step by step video recipe:
How to roast beetroot
Indeed, beetroot is full with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants! To my mind, the best way to cook the beetroot for this salad is roasting, because roast beetroot has more flavor than boiled or steamed vegetable.
In short, to prepare the beetroot for this salad, you need to peel it, slice it in quarters. After that, sprinkle the beetroot with olive oil and bake, wrapped in foil, in 390 F / 200 C degree hot oven for an hour or until soft.
Check if it is soft with a fork.
Flavor and dressing for beetroot salad
In fact, the main ingredient of this dish is beetroot, which has beautiful earthy flavor. For this reason, it is perfect to pair with fresh salad leaves and salty feta.
Furthermore, to spice it up, I used grainy mustard, which makes the salad more pungent. Yes, regarding this, mustard is not only for sandwiches, hot dogs and meat. In other words, grainy mustard is great dressing for beetroot. Dressing also adds extra texture.
So if you love beetroot recipes, definitely try this roast beetroot and feta salad! Check also our grilled cheese salad.
Roast Beetroot and feta salad - Vegetarian recipes
- knife and chopping board
- serving plates
- 2 beetroots
- 20 mixed salad leaves rocket, spinach etc
- 14 cubes feta cheese
- 3-4 tsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Prepare ahead your raw beetroot, wash and peel off the skin. Cut beetroot in quarters, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake at 200 C / 390 F hot oven for about an hour until soft (check with fork). Cool the beetroot, then cut in pieces.2 beetroots, 2 tsp olive oil
- Place the salad leaves on the round serving plate.20 mixed salad leaves
- Place about 3 beetroot pieces on the leaves
- Place the feta cheese near the beetroot pieces.14 cubes feta cheese
- Spread the grainy mustard on the beetroot pieces.3-4 tsp grainy mustard
- Sprinkle the seeds on top of the salad.2 tsp pumpkin seeds, 2 tsp sunflower seeds