Updated on March 17, 2018
This tomato salad can be served as a snack or a side dish.
It is beautiful, bursts with fresh flavor and colors. It also has perfect creamy dressing.
Health benefits of tomato salad
Tomatoes keeps your digestion healthy. Regular consumption reduces cholesterol level, cancer and heart disease risks. It is good for eyes and clears skin. Moreover it has vitamin C, K, A, potassium, iron and a lot of antioxidants – it’s anti-aging properties and reduces reddening of skin and acne. So a lot of of benefits of eating tomatoes, especially when they are in season!
I’m so happy that I can use my aunt’s fresh, organically grown tomatoes! If you don’t have garden, try to choose the best farmers produce. By supporting farmers and preserving agricultural diversity, you will get more nutrients and enjoy better taste!
The best way of eating organic tomatoes – raw. Just make the sauce for tomato salad. To make it more tangy and interesting, I made the sauce with Greek yogurt base with addition of spices. It perfectly suits tomatoes.
Tips for choosing and storing tomatoes
- I think the best way to choose tomato for this salad – is to choose different size, different shape and different color tomatoes to celebrate the produce.
- Keep tomato in a cool place but room temperature, never store them in a plastic bag or in a refrigerator!
- Non GMO ripe tomatoes last only about 3 days
- Choose the tomato that is firm with solid color. They can be red, black, purple, yellow or even green (if it is the variety like Green Zebra). By the way, experts say there are more than 25 000 tomato varieties on our planet!
- I recommend sniffing if not tasting the tomato to choose. This will tell you it is real aromatic tomato for your salad.
P.S. If you don’t like parsley you can substitute it to dill.
- 7-8 tomatoes different size/ shape / color
- 2 stems parsley or dill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp dry dill
- 1/8 tsp garlic piwder
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- Cut tomatoes in different wedges. Place in a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing.
- Serve tomatoes sprinkled with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Add cut parsley and dressing.