Updated on September 14, 2018
Healthy cranberry salad is a total vitaminizer that you need this autumn or winter! It is quick and easy recipe, colorful and fresh dish. Do you want a healthy snack? This cranberry salad will be perfect!
Here it is, just cut the apples, mix all ingredients and there you have it! It has sweet and sour taste, which make this salad great to serve as a side dish too.
Cranberry salad dressing
You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in the fridge for a week. But make sure to mix it again with a spoon before dressing the salad. I love this citrus acidic flavor combined with the salad. To my mind, it makes the taste more clean and fresh.
By the way, you can definitely use dried cranberries instead of fresh ones, and the salad will be sweeter too. However dried cranberries have less health benefits than the fresh ones.
I marinated apples with lime juice to prevent them from browning, as it is more acidic. But you can use lemon too, it works well. I personally love bitterly sweet lime flavored apples.
I used almond slices to sprinkle on salad. But whole nuts such as walnuts or pecans will be great with this cranberry salad too.
Health benefits of cranberry salad
Cranberries are best known for their vitamin C. But also these beautiful red berries have manganese, copper and other vitamins such as E and K1. Of course you get more antioxidants! Cranberries are used for preventing and treatment of kidney and bladder diseases.
So I highly recommend eating fresh cranberries, especially when paired with some greens and nuts like in this apple cranberry salad.
This cranberry salad will look beautiful on your Thanksgiving table or for any other day when you decide to serve something healthy.
Cranberry salad recipes – Apple cranberry salad with feta
- mixing bowls
- 40 g salad mix (Romano, Lollo Bionda multileaf, Frisse, Lollo Rosso, Arugula)
- 12 cranberries
- 1/2 small apple
- 1/4 lime juiced
- 10 g feta cheese
- 1 tsp almond slices
- 1 tsp grape vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing.1 tsp grape vinegar, 1 pinch salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp olive oil
- Slice apple and place them in the lime juice for 5 minutes.1/2 small apple, 1/4 lime
- Place salad mix on the plate. Add apple slices and cranberries.40 g salad mix, 1/2 small apple, 12 cranberries
- Sprinkle the salad with crumbled feta cheese and almond slices.10 g feta cheese, 1 tsp almond slices
- Add the dressing on top. No mixing needed. Serve.