Updated on September 14, 2018
What is better than pumpkin bread? Only pumpkin chocolate chip bread! It is a sweet snack, it stays moist for a few days. Maybe more, but I didn’t test it. Seriously, is it possible to save the pumpkin bread with chocolate chips for so long? You will not notice, when it’s gone.. So delicious and low in sugar, full of chocolate treat inside and spices.
I used big chocolate chips for this pumpkin bread recipe. Thin and long chips melted, leaving beautiful chocolate strips in bread. Also you can top the bread with cleaned roasted pumpkin seeds, or more chocolate chips before it goes in the oven. Or if you want to make pumpkin loaf cake, you can top it with chocolate glaze.
By the way, I used fresh roasted pumpkin puree, which I used also to make pumpkin soup in previous post here. I had thick full of flavor pumpkin puree, which I leaved in a fridge. It is easy to make, don’t be afraid of some extra work! You just cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and roast it, then remove the skin and blend!
That’s all! You can also freeze roasted pumpkin puree to have it on hand for autumn recipes. If you want to use one of canned pumpkin puree, be sure it is thick, but not dry. If the batter looks runny, just add more flour, but be sure not to over-flour it, as it won’t be as moist!
To use less flour (by the way, whole wheat flour is great for this recipe), I added oatmeal too. It is not noticeable, while you eat it! So it is perfect for those who are not lovers of pumpkin and oats. You will change their mind!
This moist pumpkin bread will be a great snack for breakfast along with coffee. I personally prefer to pair this spiced pumpkin chocolate chip bread with Greek yogurt. Creamy, chocolaty, spicy flavor ends up with freshly brewed coffee, what a start of the day! I think this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is a really nice treat for your kids school lunch boxes or for your own lunch time too!
Try this moist pumpkin bread recipe this autumn, and share with us on one of our social networks!
Pumpkin chocolate chip bread
- 25 cm / 10 inch bread pan
- parchment paper
- bowls and spoons for mixing
- wooden skewer
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/7 cups chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups thick pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal or oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Combine all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.1 tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Combine all wet ingredients. Gently pour wet ingredients in the center. Stir until smooth.1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1 ½ cups thick pumpkin puree
- Stir in chocolate chips.3/7 cups chocolate chips
- Line bread pan with parchment paper. Pour in batter, smooth the top with spatula.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.