Peanut butter banana bread is a perfect recipe for every day or holiday like Easter. It is moist and delicious, and low in sugar. This is a spelt flour bread with banana and peanut flavors that everyone loves.
Lovely breakfast loaf that you can serve with extra peanut butter for a healthy and filling start of the day! Classic banana bread that is healthy and so good.
This quick peanut butter bread has a strong peanut taste with the sweetness from banana. It is so moist and quick to make. Just mix all ingredients, transfer to the lined bread pan and bake for about 50 minutes until it is ready!
Just let it cool and enjoy for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Perfect to pair with your favorite cup of tea, coffee or milk! Spread with peanut butter, regular butter or cream cheese.
This is a must, if you are peanut lover or want to add more flavor to regular banana bread. It is so rich on flavor and perfect for sharing with your family!
Is this bread healthy?
Peanuts and banana is a good combination. Moreover, this easy bread recipe uses spelt flour, which is a great addition of whole grain fiber in your diet!
According to Very Well Fit, spelt flour has nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin E and niacin.
According to School of Public health, banana is a great source of potassium, magnesium, fiber and vitamin B6. These sweet fruits are good for your cardiovascular health, digestion and weight control.
I used creamy peanut butter in this recipe, which according to nutrition information on the package, is a great source of protein, copper, vitamins E and B6.
However, peanut butter contains salt, sugar or dextrose and vegetable oil. Check ingredients on your package!
Which peanut butter to use?
Keep in mind that all peanut butter brands have a little different sweetness and salt amount, which can impact the final flavor of this peanut butter banana bread.
Make a test for you, so you can regulate the amount of sugar and salt to your liking.
You can make this bread recipe with crunchy peanut butter as well. I haven’t tried it with natural or organic nut butter, but I think it will work too. However, it can impact the flavor and slightly texture of the bread.
You can also try other nut butter instead.
How to make peanut butter bread
This quick banana bread recipe is a perfect use of overripe bananas!
Dry and wet ingredients
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients – spelt flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. You can also use whole wheat flour instead of spelt flour.
Brown sugar is optional, you can also use white sugar or your other favorite sweetener. Ripe bananas adds sweetness to the bread, too.
If your peanut butter isn’t salty, you might want to add a pinch of salt to the dry ingredients.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries - Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
- Cranberry salad recipes – Apple cranberry salad with feta
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings – How To Make Buffalo Wings
- Easy Strawberry Tart - Strawberry Desserts
- Easy strawberry desserts - Greek Yogurt recipes – Valentines desserts
- Banana Buckwheat Muffins
In another bowl mash ripe bananas with a fork or masher. Add eggs, Greek yogurt, peanut butter and mix until combined. It’s okay, if you have some lumps! You can also use sour cream instead of yogurt.
Carefully add half of dry ingredients into banana-peanut mix. Mix until you incorporate all the flour. It should be thick, but pour-able batter.
Brush the loaf pan with butter (or use cooking spray) and line with baking paper. Pour the batter in the loaf pan.
The topping for banana bread
Microwave couple tablespoons of peanut butter and pour over the bread. Use a spoon or stick to create a marble effect on top.
You can also sprinkle peanuts or chocolate chips on top instead. Or just leave it like it is without topping it will be delicious bread with less calories!
Bake your bread
Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, then turn off and let it cool in the oven. Cool completely on countertop before slicing.
You can check if it’s ready after 50-60 minutes with a wooden skewer or toothpick. When it comes out clean – you can turn the oven off.
Keep in mind that all oven temperatures are different, which impacts the length of baking.
You can transfer the bread to the cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Let the bread cool completely before slicing.
How to store Peanut butter banana bread
If you wrap it with cling film and leave on countertop, you should eat it within 2 days. You can also wrap it and leave in the fridge up to 4-5 days.
Wrap with plastic and foil, and freeze this bread up to 1 month! Double wrapping prevents freezer burn and foil will prevent from soaking other smells.
Unwrap and reheat in the oven for about 10-20 minutes. Or defrost on countertop before slicing.
Other quick bread recipes
This easy and quick peanut butter banana bread is one of the easiest breakfast and brunch recipes to try! We can’t imagine breakfast without a slice of bread.
And the good thing is that it is so easy to make such bread, while no proofing and kneading is needed. Just mix all ingredients and bake until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
You should also check our other quick bread recipes:
- Effortless Cranberry Orange bread,
- Irish Soda Bread,
- Apple Cinnamon bread
- Pumpkin chocolate chip bread
And if you make this easy and quick banana bread or one of our other recipes, tag us to let us know. We love to see what you are baking!
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- Baking paper
- 2 large bowls
- 2 bananas large, very ripe
- 2 eggs medium
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy, divided
- ½ cup softened butter
- 6½ tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1½ cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla powder*
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 355 F / 180 C.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a large bowl.2 bananas
- Edd eggs and mash with bananas.2 eggs
- Mix with ½ cup of peanut butter.1 cup peanut butter
- Mash in softened butter.½ cup softened butter
- Mix with yogurt.6½ tbsp Greek yogurt
- In another bowl add all dry ingredient - spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla powder, brown sugar. Mix with a whisk.1½ cup spelt flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp vanilla powder*, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 pinch cinnamon
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet banana mix. Whisk until all incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan, layered with parchment paper.
- Microwave or heat on the stove ½ cup of peanut butter and spread on top of the bread.
- Using a spoon, make a swirl on top of the batter.
- Bake about an hour, or until inserted skewer/toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool about 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan, and cool completely before slicing.
- You can use vanilla essence instead. If you are using liquid vanilla, add it to the wet ingredients after adding eggs.
- All ingredients should be room temperature.
- You can add your favorite topping before baking, such as peanuts or chocolate chips.