Brie Mac and Cheese is a delicious dinner idea for your family! If you are looking for the best brie cheese recipes, this pasta with brie is so good! Baked mac and cheese is a really easy recipe that everyone is capable of doing.
Creamy brie, macaroni and crunchy crumb bits on top of the baked pasta dinner. Doesn’t the thought of this make you salivate?
This is one of the best recipes for leftover brie. You don’t want to miss it! The addition of brie makes this pasta bake a delicious and luxurious comfort dinner.
I hope this pasta with brie will become one of your favorite meatless dinner recipes. Take your traditional mac and cheese to the next level!
This is a great meatless main or side dish that you can serve it as a side dish with chicken.
Brie cheese sauce for pasta
It is like Bechamel sauce with addition of Brie cheese.
To make the sauce melt butter in a pot, then whisk in flour.
Add chopped onion and garlic in the pot.
Then slowly add milk, mixing with a whisk or spatula.
Add cheese in the milk and wait for it to melt, whisking again until smooth.
And spices – pepper, thyme, paprika. Then a ladle of pasta water.
Cook about 4 minutes, whisking, until smooth and thick.
All you need to do is mix cooked pasta with brie sauce and bake to perfection.
How to make brie mac and cheese
Make Brie cheese sauce as instructed.
While the sauce is cooking on the stove, boil a pot with salted water for the pasta.
Cook macaroni al dente, which means just 2-3 minutes less than instructed on a package. It will ensure your pasta won’t fall apart after baking.
Drain pasta and mix with the sauce.
Put in a baking dish, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Then sprinkle paprika on top.
Then just put it in a preheated oven and bake 15 minutes until the sauce is bubbly on the sides and the pasta is crispy on top.
Try this creamy Brie Mac and cheese!
Should you cover your mac and cheese when baking
It takes only 15 minutes to bake mac and cheese and it becomes crispy, so no, don’t cover it.
Why isn’t my mac and cheese creamy
Possibly you added a lot of pasta, thickened the sauce too much or baked brie mac for too long. Follow the instructions in the recipe card. Also keep in mind, the more it cools, less liquid the sauce will be.
Ingredients for mac and cheese
You will need butter, milk, flour, chopped onion and grated cheese for the sauce.
Brie cheese melts perfectly, and the final dish becomes buttery and delicious. Don’t take the rind off brie. Just cut it in smaller pieces and add as instructed.
I choose pasta shells for this recipe, but you can use macaroni or other short pasta.
For the crunchy topping, add toasted breadcrumbs.
The seasoning is quite simple – salt, pepper, thyme and paprika.
I also added red pepper flakes and dried chives for topping.
You can adjust this baked mac and cheese with addition of sun dried tomatoes, seafood, bacon or mushrooms.
If you want to serve this homemade Brie mac and cheese with chicken, try one of our recipes: Roasted chicken, Baked chicken breast
Brie Mac and Cheese
- 1 7 x 10 inch / 18 x 25 cm baking dish
- 2 large pots
- mortar and pestle
- 113 g butter cubes
- 700 ml milk
- 34 g flour
- 350 g macaroni shells
- 70 g cheese freshly grated*
- 200 g brie cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 slices crispbread
- 1 tbsp Dried red pepper flakes optional, for topping
- 1/2 tsp Dried chives optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Boil large pot of water with salt. Cook macaroni al dente (2-3 minutes less than instructed on the package). Drain, but leave a ladle of pasta water aside.350 g macaroni shells, 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt butter in a pot.113 g butter cubes
- Whisk in flour.34 g flour
- Add chopped onion and garlic.1/2 onion, 2 garlic cloves
- Whisk in milk.700 ml milk
- Add Brie and grated cheese.70 g cheese, 200 g brie cheese
- Add spices.1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp ground thyme, 1 tsp ground paprika
- Add a ladle of reserved pasta water in the sauce. Cook 4 minutes.
- Mix pasta with cheese sauce.
- Make crumbs from crispbread, using mortar and pestle.2 slices crispbread
- Transfer pasta to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle paprika and breadcrumbs on top.1 tbsp Dried red pepper flakes
- Bake 15 minutes until bubbly and crispy on top. Sprinkle with chives before serving.1/2 tsp Dried chives